This shader is to provide a tiled texture overlay to sprites. It is pretty basic in features as of right now, but it does work as expected. You can change the scale of the texture being mapped to the object by changing its dimension parameters. I hope I'm not relying on unexpected behavior for this shader, but basically how it works is it fetches values < 0 and > 1 to "loop back" the texture and tile it across the sprite.
- "Pixel-perfect" texture tiling
- Texture scaling
- Floating-point Texture offset (great for anything that scrolls)
- A background version of the shader, for clouds, water effects, etc.
- EasyBlend support (Custom blend mode over the sprite or background, to give neat blend effects on the texture overlay)
- Animated picture support (Specifying number of x/y splits in the image as parameters, and using an index to display the appropriate frame)
A download link is provided below.