Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Low fps

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Low fps

http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=205217#Post2052 17

And similar objects in that forum

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TechVision
    Don't think HWA makes any difference. But 62 mb is way too much for Flash. Try creating a counter and create an Always event, and set it to: FrameRate. This will give you an idea of when the game is running at desired speed.

Of course the specs of the computer will make a difference, but I always target below 20 mb for Flash projects to make the game smooth on a minimum specced system. Maybe more people have some input regarding this?
    I don't think 62 mb is too much for flash.
    My game is at 175 mb when running and its quite smoothly...

The most slowdown issues i have are with number of objects. The less you have and the smaller they are the better.
    Using backdrops instead of objects also helps a lot.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So your game is using 175mb memory at runtime and still performs well? It's nice to hear some feedback from others concerning these things. Do you have a link to it perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhunter
    Don't think HWA makes any difference. But 62 mb is way too much for Flash. Try creating a counter and create an Always event, and set it to: FrameRate. This will give you an idea of when the game is running at desired speed.

Of course the specs of the computer will make a difference, but I always target below 20 mb for Flash projects to make the game smooth on a minimum specced system. Maybe more people have some input regarding this?
    I don't think 62 mb is too much for flash.
    My game is at 175 mb when running and its quite smoothly...

The most slowdown issues i have are with number of objects. The less you have and the smaller they are the better.
    Using backdrops instead of objects also helps a lot.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the size probably not being the relevant thing. I found the most problems with scrolling. Standing still the game worked fine, when moving around everything became slow.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So your game is using 175mb memory at runtime and still performs well? It's nice to hear some feedback from others concerning these things. Do you have a link to it perhaps?
    Unfortunately i am still working on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeeko
    I agree with the size probably not being the relevant thing. I found the most problems with scrolling. Standing still the game worked fine, when moving around everything became slow.
    Yes, scrolling is the biggest issue in flash, i have a drop from 60 fps to 40 fps when scrolling, but since my game is turn based, im pretty okay with it.

Im wondering at what fps do you run your games?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi i just tested my first flash game Prarie Sheriff.

back ground 1023 x 529 to cover the entire area 3 x 6 times.

biggest active 406 x 272.

front to back detectors 108 x 178 lots of these. all actives.

+ a single fastloop for each enemy + there position on the mini map.

each enemy has stopped/walk/being hit/shoot in 8 directions all with 8 frames of animation. ten enemys created as needed.

And that is not counting the player who has more and a special who has only two.

Test results:scrolling centered on player: stopped 59 fps / walk and run 32 - 33 fps.

frame area 3000 x 3000.

frame rate set to 170 runtime properties.

oh forgot mfa 4,066 kb
    SWF 1,753 kb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2