User Tag List

Thread: Android Market vs iTunes, good read.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Android Market vs iTunes, good read.

From a game devs viewpoint:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/20/android-market-quality_n_880478.html

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Android Market vs iTunes, good read.

Yes that's a great read, and I agree. The Android market is not doing so well in terms of quality vs quantity as compared to that of the iTunes/App store. I'm sure over time this will change as google realizes that they must do something about the issue, I hope it happens sooner rather than later of course.

I still think, while google should tighten their app store up with more strict requirements, that downloading and installing apps from other sources should continue. I like that form of openness.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that the Android Market is a mess right now (I've published a few apps there myself).
    If you're looking for a more curated (still less restrictive than Apple though), the Amazon Appstore is pretty good.
    I think the free app a day thing is great for both consumers and developers, as the consumers get a normally paid app for free and the developers still get 20% of the list price (at least that's what I understand from the developer FAQ).

Klikdisc Editor Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a good read, I've just had my first visit to the Android App Store and it is a huge mess, with ridiculously buggy applications. About 50% of what I've tried in the Free section (mostly games) have had problems with basic control, orientation and so on. The top apps even. I hope this eventually get solved because I'm afraid one can get quite lost in the mix.

Jathak: I've read an outraged article by a developer about the free app a day of Amazon, where the developer actually didn't get anything despite the claim of 20%, and they pulled their app from Amazon following the incident. It was quite a nasty story, but I don't have the link anymore.