User Tag List

Thread: iOS Promo Video

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

iOS Promo Video

<center><iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QjSF-hSq1cQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></center>

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: iOS Promo Video

Aw the video skipped the entire process on the Mac.

But still good, nonetheless.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff, very good promo video!!!

Congratulations!!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK so what do you do on the Mac. Is this a service Clickteam could provide instead of everyone having to buy a Mac system???

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The service would be difficult with the provisioning profiles.

On the mac in xcode -- short version

Install your provisioning profiles from your online Apple Developer account and build the final compile of your game.

There is a ton more info about this aspect of it when you register with Apple as that part of it is all regular iOS development.

Certainly iOS development is not something everyone in the forum will want to do but if you want to have your games on the devices and sold thru iTunes some learning will be required.

You just don't have to learn how to program the entire game in object C thats the part that would require a lot of learning.
    MMF does that part for you.

Is there some decent freeware that can capture the MAC desktop? I will give it a shot to do a better info video on how to compile on the mac but if you follow along the Apple info its not that hard just confusing but you'll get it done

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    Is there some decent freeware that can capture the MAC desktop? I will give it a shot to do a better info video on how to compile on the mac but if you follow along the Apple info its not that hard just confusing but you'll get it done
    Yep, Quicktime comes with the Mac and can record. Go to File > New Screen Recording. It doesn't capture computer audio (I guess to prevent recording videos?), but can record from your webcam/mic still if you wanted.. If you were in the market for something great, I would recommend ScreenFlow, my favorite Mac-based screen recorder.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very cool and motivating video! I dont know bout the Mac part (I´m afraid it´s *$§%##). But all in all, this is what we´ve been waiting for!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This link talks about using Flash Builder to make iOS games but the part where she goes over using Xcode might be helpful to get people started. (Until we can get some new docs/tutorials made up)

http://devgirl.org/2011/06/20/flexair-for-ios-development-process-explained/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xhedgehogx - yep, I use Quicktime to do screen captures - you can get sound too with a free app called Soundflower

Jeff - I tried out a bunch of free screen capture stuff about a year ago, but frame rate wise, Quicktime came out top. Downside is you can't capture just a section of screen, always the whole thing. I then use iMovie to edit it and add captions. You can see my YouTube channel here