User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CRT/Retro Emulation

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not bad. The only odd thing is that the scanlines are only on the play area and not on the lower borders. Is that on purpose or is it just hard to see them there? I understand the authenticity of curving the corners, but it feels odd when it isn't projected on a curved monitor. Maybe it is just a personal preference, but the curved bits are taking away from the great art you have going on. ^_^ BTW, nice promo video on your site. Can't wait to try this out.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Marv: Thanks a lot. ^_^

@mobichan: The borders are the border of the screen. So in the final we will have a texture that looks like a CRT monitor boarder. So it dosen't really make seance to have scan lines on them. I'm also trying to figure out how to make a proper distortion texture for the lense. I know it's a barrel distortion but I'm not exactly sure what the grayscail texture should look like.
    The interface at the bottom should be distorted to conform to the edge of the screen rather than being cut off. I've tried doing searches for examples but everything I think of comes up bupkis.

Also... what video on my website?! Do you mean the few animated gifs I've done, because I don't recall doing any videos. Maybe it's actually a fan made video?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I mistook this for Edelin Tales video in your twitter feed (from your signature). This one: https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B0OgMwyCIAA_04z.mp4 . Maybe this is something different? I didn't realize that was a bezel overlay, but that is a cool idea. To make that work it would need to cross the black border around the game screen, though. Otherwise it looks like it is part of the monitor image. Cool idea!

Never tried the lens object but maybe there is a shader you can use for the same effect? Not sure where, but it might make things simpler to tweak overall.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, yea, that wasn't a video, or at least not initially. That was a gif I made of some very early gameplay.

I found out that the lens object only works in the Standard run time. Which means people probably won't be using it much any more. I do have a lens shader, that's what I used in the example, but I don't know where I found it.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone, I am really confused on how to use those screen shaders.

It seens I can only aply for each individual object, how to use for the whole screen?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can make an object the size of your window/screen and put it on a layer on top of your game. Then apply the shader to that object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or just apply it to the frame (or on individual layers), as far as I know that should work for most/all shaders.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh thanks, i will try both ways.

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My game from 4th 20 game event use CRT shader on frame and it is retro game you can download it and check this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi how can I simulate the GTU shader? what settings do I use?

http://filthypants.blogspot.my/2015/...t-shaders.html

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast