Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: can you compile on an ipad or do you need a mac

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you compile on an ipad or do you need a mac

I am unfamiliar with the mac and ipad, though i do have an iphone 3g. If i purchased an ipad, would i be albe to use the exporter and xcode on the ipad, or would i need a full fledge mac?

Sorry, just not familiar with apple's platform

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: can you compile on an ipad or do you need a mac

You are going to need the full mac, because you need to install xcode and some other things which doesn't work for Ipad.

But I can tell you one thing, it's worth every penny buying a mac. games look so cool on a ipad

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am pretty sure xcode only runs on osX, not ios or any other platform unfortunately.. i am shocked apple is getting away with this amount of monopolization.

if you search for "xcode on windows" in google, you will see what i am currently working on..

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol monopoly... They have high brand maintenance, they want to make sure all their apps are of the highest quality, and they probably believe such quality is only achievable using OSX, and porting XCode to Windows would take a lot of time and effort. Anybody serious about designing and coding such things will usually have a Mac anyway... If you're upset about this wait for the Android exporter and use that.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWarewolf
    i am shocked apple is getting away with this amount of monopolization.
    What? Monopoly? Xcode is Apple's product. As are the Mac and iPhone. There is no monopoly to speak of. It's pretty much the same as Nintendo releasing their games exclusively on their hardware. @_@

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody serious about designing and coding such things will usually have a Mac anyway...
    ...Apart from all the professional designers and coders who use professional design and coding tools running on Windows!

Plenty of professionals create iOS apps solely on the Windows platform.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalic
    Anybody serious about designing and coding such things will usually have a Mac anyway...
    ...Apart from all the professional designers and coders who use professional design and coding tools running on Windows!

This is true but I would still bet they have a Mac available to them.

Our team is from a pure Wintel background but we have a MacBook pro and a Mac Mini to work with (between 3 people).

A mac user is a unique individual, understanding thier environment will only help you produce a better product.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A mac user is a unique individual, understanding thier environment will only help you produce a better product.
    Having something you can test on is really essential whatever the platform you are developing in. Just so you can prove what you have made works and performance wise is acceptable.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalic
    Um, no they don't, there's no means of crating iOS apps on Windows. You need XCode. There are no iOS developers out there not using a Mac because it's not possible. Android developers yes, but no iOS.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi DistantJ, apparently there is one way using Flash solely on Windows as Adobe have reached an agreement with Apple to do it. I only learnt about this the other day thanks to Digitalic. I'm not aware (yet) of any other development package doing this but it's certainly a change to the hard-lined policy that has been in place. Hopefully Andos and Francois can investigate what this could mean for MMF at some point in the future.
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast