Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: iOS Extension SDK

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: iOS Extension SDK

The EDIF SDK allows you to quickly create a dummy PC extension that does nothing and allows you to quickly set up an interface between your PC extension and the iOS extension.

You simply define the actions/conditions/expressions in a JSON file for your extension and you can start using it in the PC runtime. It will of course be best if you implement some kind of code that will fake the functionality so you have something to test in the PC runtime.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AyreGuitar, the SDK in this post is a bit newer (and is the newest version I guess?).

Andos, thanks - in the Extension Development forum Jamie helped me get a working EDIF 'dummy' version. And as you mention, I am realizing I need to code something into my own MFX version to allow the user to at least place the extension's 'view' in the MMF2 editor, so I'm looking into that now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed a C/C++/Objective-C compiler "Clang", which works on Windows:
    http://clang.llvm.org/
    Is it possible to develop fro iOS using this?

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocoa_(API)
    It is also possible to write Objective-C Cocoa programs in a simple text editor and build it manually with GCC or clang from the command line or from a makefile.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have written an extension in C++ for Windows and it works fine. If I want to make it available to Build Type iOS do I simply need to create an .ext in \Data\Runtime\iPhone? I'm going to flip over and write up the iOS version next but I may want to work from Windows until it is ready within my iOS targeted project.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disregard this question folks. The short answer is yes if you copy one of the placeholders such as AdvDir.ext and rename it to your extension, but I was able to write the Objective C extension in no time whatsoever so it's a mute point.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SortaCore View Post
    I noticed a C/C++/Objective-C compiler "Clang", which works on Windows:
    http://clang.llvm.org/
    Is it possible to develop for iOS using this?
    Apparently, XCode uses Clang to compile. Since Clang is free, it's a better idea to just use that.
    Does XCode provide code or functionality that plain Clang doesn't?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SortaCore View Post
    Apparently, XCode uses Clang to compile. Since Clang is free, it's a better idea to just use that.
    Does XCode provide code or functionality that plain Clang doesn't?
    Testing your app on any non-jailbroken iDevice and packaging your app for final upload to the Store both involve your Apple Developer certificate, which, as far as I know, can only be managed through XCode (in conjunction with Keychain and the Apple Developer Portal site - it's a huge pain). XCode also has some awesome debugging and performance-monitoring tools that can help you track down pesky memory leaks and the like. There may be some additional "exclusive" features it provides that I'm not aware of, as I'm still a newb to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andos, does the SDK need to be updated for any of the changes in MMF2 #253? Or are we safely covered by working from a full Xcode-project export from 253?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The XCode project exported from the latest version is probably the safest bet - though I don't think we made any API changes that would break any extensions made with the old releases.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsonick View Post
    Testing your app on any non-jailbroken iDevice and packaging your app for final upload to the Store both involve your Apple Developer certificate, which, as far as I know, can only be managed through XCode (in conjunction with Keychain and the Apple Developer Portal site - it's a huge pain).
    Technically extensions aren't programs, so would this still apply?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast