Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: iOS Extension SDK

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SortaCore View Post
    Technically extensions aren't programs, so would this still apply?
    Ah, true, but the issue still remains for testing your extension, via a test app on an actual iDevice.

You could test on a jailbroken iDevice (avoiding the Developer's Program), but it looks like people doing that are still using XCode to put their test apps on a device (http://www.alexwhittemore.com/develo...phone-ios-401/ , http://www.cuppadev.co.uk/running-yo...developer-fee/).

You don't have to sign up for the $99 Developer's Program just to get XCode -- you can sign up to be an Apple Developer for free and download XCode for free (http://developer.apple.com/programs/register/). So, you can use XCode's extensive debugging tools and its immediate compile-and-run-on-your-device for free, for testing on a jailbroken device.

For testing/debugging on an actual device, the advantages of XCode seem to outweigh any advantages of avoiding it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So do we not need to create an EXT file, unless we're creating PC-representations of the iOS functions for testing?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-onInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!

Will it be possible to add external libraries to extensions?!? I've some extensions in the pipeline, but i'm forced to add the libs manually in xcode.

as long as this wont be changed, i think i'm not able to make this extension public. any plans to add this feature?!?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is on my task list...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
    Hi!

Will it be possible to add external libraries to extensions?!? I've some extensions in the pipeline, but i'm forced to add the libs manually in xcode.

as long as this wont be changed, i think i'm not able to make this extension public. any plans to add this feature?!?
    +1 As I also another extension in the making that may require external libraries

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just getting into extension development and want to check this is still the latest version of the iOS SDK (dated July 2011)?
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes it should be

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry in advance for the double post: Tried posting in the Extension forum, but perhaps I'll get more luck here (since it's iOS SDK related):
    Is there any kind of guide or tutorial for reading the CFile for an extension in iOS? I've managed to do a basic iOS version of the Capture Object, using the standard Capture.MFX to handle the PC side, but don't know how to read the object's properties from the CFile. I assume they're in a set order?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, the order is exactly the same as the EDITDATA structure in C++. You just read the elements one after the other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Francois! Is the source-code for the MMF Screen Capture object available anywhere (so I know what order the properties are in?)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast