Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 13.3 inch Macbook for bid on ebay

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

13.3 inch Macbook for bid on ebay

A guy I vaguely know from the FlashGameLicense chat just posted an ad for his new MacBook on eBay, it's currently going quite cheap so you might want to check it out. He's from UK also, so this is mainly for Euro users.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160627230665

EDIT: Apparently it doesn't have Mac OS on it, and is running Linux, but it's an official Apple device and so should be compatible with Mac OS if you buy it (I believe it's around $80ish, last I heard)

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 13.3 inch Macbook for bid on ebay

Two points to be aware of...

1. It doesn't say if it's an Intel processor. You need a Mac with an Intel processor to run Xcode.

2. This is a MacBook, not MacBook Pro. Apple have recently discontinued these models. They start with the MacBook Air and then go to the MacBook Pro, the old MacBook is gone. Just be aware of that if bidding.

When I was buying my Mac, I did look to Ebay originally and saw a few selling at great prices like this one, which made me wonder why were they selling a thousand euro odd computer for a tenth of the price??? In the end, I bought straight from Apple.

Not saying anything is wrong with this computer but if you want it for App development make sure it has an Intel processor. You'll have to invest in a copy of Mac OSX too but compared to the price of buying Windows it's dead cheap!!
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely looks older, hard to tell if it's Intel or PowerPC.
    Paul, it shouldn't matter if its a Pro or not, as long as it can run at least Snow Leopard on Intel Dual Core, it should be fine.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just buy the new imac/macbook any apple device it's ten times better than windows anyway! I turned too

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks just like my Macbook which is les than a year old. When did apple go Intel and do they even make PowerPC anymore? Still check if you are going to bid but the likelihood is it will be, if it was bought last year.
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mac OS X Lion is actually only £21, but not sure how you'd install it since you have to download it from the App store on a system running a previous OS X.

It will need to be an Intel one though, yeah. Did they even ever do a PowerPC-based Macbook Air? I'm sure the Air showed up after they adopted Intel CPUs...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's an Intel processor. Asked him on eBay and he confirmed.

Steve

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you can see in one of the photos, there is a very small, hardly noticeable red "C" on the screen. This *might* be removable, I don't want to try in case I break something. It is on the actual screen, not dead pixels or in the laptop, either way it is hardly noticeable and does not affect the laptop.
    What on earth?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xhedgehogx
    Paul, it shouldn't matter if its a Pro or not, as long as it can run at least Snow Leopard on Intel Dual Core, it should be fine.
    It won't matter that it's just a MacBook and not a MacBook Pro, as both you and I said, just make sure it's an Intel processor. But I was just highlighting that the old MacBook's are now discontinued.
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's an Air, it means no CD drive. How on earth does a person install OSX on the thing?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast