User Tag List

Thread: I need a guide to using qualifiers

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need a guide to using qualifiers

Is there a definitive guide on using qualifiers in MMF 2? I need to know their uses and limitations because I am spending far too much time trying to figure out what they can and cannot do!

If I have to code events the long and dirty way, fine, I'll do that if that's what it takes, but I'm getting tired of trying the qualifier first, trouble shooting it for a couple of days, and then doing it the long and dirty way anyway.

Thanks.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: I need a guide to using qualifiers

Is there something specific you are trying to accomplish with them? In general, they are a way to "group" objects that need to be affected by one piece of code. The biggest limit I can think of is dealing with overlap conditions between members of a qualifier group. It is also difficult to read code associated with qualifiers sometimes due to their alterable variables not displaying names (they only display alt var a, alt var b, etc). But they are definitely worth your time if you think you will want to reuse your code to handle multiple objects in the exact same way.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although this particular use of qualifiers is simple, the qualifier itself is already used successfully for many other events in this frame.

I originally had 3 zones, in three different events, detecting for any instance of the qualifier. If it detected the qualifier, it would randomize the qualifier object's position according to the zone it was in.

Unfortunately, of the 3 zones it would only randomize the qualified objects in one zone. I believe it was the first. All of the other qualified objects were being randomly positioned into that one zone. I know there's a reason why they're behaving the way they do, but I want it spelled out for once.

As usual, I already found a workaround, but I'm tired of wasting hours of time. Sometimes, working with MMF 2 is like taking three steps forward and two steps back.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like an object selection issue. Have you considered the ForEach object or using fastloops to select the objects of the qualifier to check which zone it is sitting on?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, sounds unlikely that the problem has anything at all to do with you using qualifiers.
    You really shouldn't need to use ForEach/Fastloops though.
    As always, it's difficult to help without seeing a file.