The build #252 is available, as beta version.
This version contains 2 new major changes :
- Firstly, this patch program is very different from the previous ones : it patches everything (main program, exporters, Unicode version), you don't need to re-download and re-install each module separately. Also it no longer requires the CD-ROM. It requires an Internet connection though (this works like the exporters, with a manual registration page if your machine is not connected).
- Secondly, this version now includes the features of the HWA version. If the HWA version is installed, this patch removes it. How it works: the editor is the one of the HWA version. If you select a non-Direct3D graphic mode, the HWA features are hidden and when you run/build the application MMF2 will use the runtime of the standard version. If you select a Direct3D graphic mode, the HWA features are shown and when you run/build the application MMF2 will use the runtime of the HWA version. The first time you run this version, the HWA help file is displayed so that people who never used it can see its features. Note: this doesn't concern the Unicode version of MMF2, this version is still a non-HWA version.
As usual make backup copies of your applications before loading/saving them with this beta version.
Let us know if any problem.
EDIT: in case of any unexpected issue in this build, you can reinstall the build 251 (after re-installing the build 251 you will have to re-install the SWF/iOS exporters and the Unicode version).
Fixes and new features in the build 252
- General : the program now contains the features of the HWA version which has been deprecated.
- Property window : color problem in high contrast color modes.
- Event editor : crash in Activate/Deactivate Group dialog box if the frame contains more than 1000 groups.
- Event editor : when editing a zone in conditions like Pick Object From a Zone, the zoom coefficient of the frame editor is automatically set to 100% otherwise this causes bugs in the zone editing.
- Unicode version / SWF and iOS exporters : the Unicode version of the objects specific to the SWF and iOS exporters is not installed by the exporters, by mistake. They are installed by this patch. In theory there should be no problem, but for this beta version please check the settings of the FLV, iOS Button, iOS Multiple Edit and iOS Single Edit objects after loading Unicode applications that contain these objets. Let us know if any problem, thanks!
- Active Backdrop object : new object that allows you to display and move an image from an internal image list in the background of the application.
- Animation object : crash when Next frame / Previous frame / Go to frame action without setting the animation file.
- Draw object: crash in Mode expression.
- INI object : new "Create INI file in Application Data directory" property. When this option is selected and you enter a filename without pathname, the file is created in an MMF Applications folder in the user's Application Data directory. refer to the documentation for more info.
- PC runtime: Run External Program is now able to launch apps that require admin privileges.
- PC runtime : the Load Frame Position action sometimes reported a disc error for no reason.
- PC runtime : the Drag & Drop movement was not compatible with Save Frame Position / Load Frame Position.
- PC runtime: random crash at the end of frame when several instances of the same global object have different alterable strings.
- PC runtime : problem with Pause after the application is minimized.
- PS Runtime : added a RFUNCTION_GETCALLTABLE to get a pointer to the conditions/actions/expressions call tables (for ext. developers)
- All runtimes : Animations at start of frame could skip a few images
- All runtimes, InAndOut movement : animations stopped when the object was stopped
- All runtimes : Bullet, Platform, 8 directions, Race car movements, a destroy action on an object with a disappearing animation in a "out of frame" or "collision" event could crash.
- All runtimes : Circular movement, set Radius used to set the radius to zero.
- Non-PC runtimes : the collision detection with static objects was not called at every loop, causing multiple collision detections.
- Flash / Combo Box object : the first item of a combo box was not displayed in the edit zone
- Flash / Hiscore object : "Hide on start" properties have an effect now.
- Flash / Flash Player object : new "Mouse is within window" and "Application has focus" conditions.
- Flash / Flash Player object: Open URL is not blocked anymore by the popup blocker of the browser
- Flash / Flash player object, new expression Get System Language.
- Flash / FLV object : FrameRate expression has been renamed to VideoFrameRate (conflict with Frame Rate expression of the Storyboard object).
- Flash : joystick buttons not working when an object has a Mouse movement.
- Flash preloader properties : after changing the image coordinates you couldn't set them back to -1 anymore.
- Flash : applications are compatible with 3rd party loaders (not only Mochi live update)
- Flash : the collision mask of small rotated zoomed objects was incorrect.
- Flash : Sub applications moved erratically during scrollings.
- Flash : Array object, compare to string with an empty value always returned true.
- Flash & Java runtimes : crash when destroying certain types of objects.
- Flash & Java Mobile : new Windows Control object for compatibility with other runtimes (only expressions that return the size of the screen are enabled).
- Java Mobile: Set Y Position now works correctly in drag & drop movement.
- Java : MTRandom did not take properties into account.