User Tag List

Thread: Help with Sponsor API

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with Sponsor API

Hi everyone, Well, I got as fare as getting a sponsor for my flash game. But now they wont me to use there API, and I don't really know what to do. Is it even possible? I'm not sure I even really know what an API is. I know they have there own pre-loader and I think they have some kind of special set of adds for CPMStar. Can someone pleas help me out, it would really be appreciated.

The link to my game on Flash Game License is here.
    http://www.flashgamelicense.com/view_game.php?from=dev&game_id=15319

My sponsors website is here and if you play this game you can see the pre-loader they wont to have in the game.
    http://www.vabolt.com/games/paint-the-town.html

I'd be willing to send you the API if nessasery however if there is already a way to do this that I haven't found yet perhaps you could explain it to me and I could learn to do it myself. I have to say though I don't really know anything about action script.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Help with Sponsor API

You can't implement sponsors API's at the moment i'm afraid Disthron. Unless you ask one of the extension developers to create an extension just for you.

You can recreate a sponsors preloader in MMF if you've got MMF Dev (check my stickied thread at the top of this board).

Steve

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, i'm working on a complete "Preloader"-Tool. In this "new" Preloader works Mindjolt perfectly... In the next update from this Tool, i'm implement the Vabolt-Api.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made an extension that allows embedding of sponsor preloaders. It requires Developer, though.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I have developer, can you pleas send it to me. I've run into this problem before but only with the flash extension. I thought if an extension needed the Developer version it wouldn't work in Standerd. Is that wrong?

Isn't that why most dev only extensions are just up there for download? If not then perhaps we should have a dev only forum where people can post there Dev only extensions without having to wory about Standers users getting them.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm working on a Vabolt API Extension but I don't think I'll have it complete soon enough for you
    (I asked Pharanygitis if he was still doing it and he said he was busy so I am trying now)

But the moment I have it done, you can expect a post about it!

EDIT: I got some help from Matheus from Vabolt so this should be easier and I have been work faster than usual. Disthron, how long do you have?
    Also if Pharanygitis is reading this or someone else, is the Vabolt preloader covered? I don't have developer so I can't help really with that. My idea was to make an extension that takes the CPMStar ID and all that for the preloader and displays it, within the preloader swf that the user could make. Would that work?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly man, I've never made an extension before so I have no clue. So did you say you were talking with someone who works for Vabolt? Becouse having them on board would be really good.

Anyway, I'm not sure how long I've got. At least they haven't put a date on it. But sooner is definatly better. I have been wroking to recreate there pre-loader but from what I understand the hole API dose some other stuff under the hood. Like when someone clicks on the "play more games" button they can apparently tell where it's comming from. Though I'm not sure how I will implement that in MMF2Dev.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am creating the Vabolt API Extension, and Matheus from Vabolt gave me some help to make it easier. I can't help with the preloader so much, but the rest of the API I am working on.

If you feel rushed by him, you can try mentioning my name, because I've talked to him and he's nice, and he seemed pretty happy about an extension being made. Really nice guy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi again everyone. I've had some sucsess in recreating the Vabolt pre-loader and I think I've almost got it to the point where it is a decent faximaly. As it turns out the thing with the domain recognition was pretty easy once I found the event for it.

Anyway, there is one more glitch I'm having witch I'm not sure I can do anything about but I thought I'd ask and see if anyone else has gotten around it.

In the pre-loader there are a bunch of buttons that take you to the differant sections in Vabolt. Like the Tower Defence section and the Shooter section ect. When you click on them it is supposed to open them up in a new window. However fire fox and google chrome always block them unless you tell them not to. However in the real pre-loader this dosen't happen.

Anyone know a way around this? I think if we can get over this problem we can add another sponsore pre-loader to the list of MMF2 converted pre-loaders.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The link-opening problem should be fixed in build 252 - if that doesn't work (I haven't tried it) then StephenL has an extension to do it.