User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MP3 Bitrate Issues

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MP3 Bitrate Issues

I've been converting my first ever TGF game (I was twelve, and this is pretty funny to see) to Flash. Instead of MIDIs I've been using 48kbps OGG files. Early into my time converting it all to Flash, it compiled fine with MP3s set to be converted to 48kbps. However, now it won't work and I've had to set it to 112kbps MP3 which has doubled my SWF's filesize, not to mention having 48kbps-quality MP3s at 112kbps...

Any ideas anybody?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: MP3 Bitrate Issues

I know I'm not the only one who has been experiencing this issue (been told by someone in the chat that 128kbps was pretty much the highest he could achieve) and it's a bug in the runtime. Sent Francois a PM. I hope this can be resolved in the next runtime version.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was also having issues with bitrate, there was build errors unless bitrate was 128, anything lower would not work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Convert all your samples to mono. This will allow bitrates less than 128kbps.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This cannot be a bug in the runtime : I have absolutely no input whatsoever on the frequency of the sounds. So there must be something wrong with the sounds themselves. Could you send me one of the sounds (that does NOT compile)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was not easy to find the ones who didn't work, but anyway here there are. All of these 3 sounds don't compile if i set build option: bitrate to 32.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14962632/bsnd.rar

Ryan: i have converted these samples to mono and it did work, though one of them was mono to begin with, and i lowered the khz and bit something for that one. And i can compile now with 32. happy time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, can't believe it. Converted everything to mono which for some reason even made some of the OGGs bigger (though some smaller) and I still get errors when building. Even if it isn't the runtime's fault, I think it would be nice if you included some documentation on sound conversion so users know what settings/bitrates to use.

I tried to use constant bitrate at 48kbps, but dBpoweramp disagrees with that and some have slightly different bitrates. (In fact, it seems some are VBR..?) Not much I can do about that. Oh, and a couple of the OGGs are rather questionable, but keep in mind this is my first ever TGF game I made at 12.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8GZ88OR3

Edit: After further testing, with these sounds I was able to get it building at 64kbps, but no lower. An explanation of why these OGGs aren't working below 64kbps would be nice since it would help with the SWF size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that helped me is to set force frequency to: No change, this removed half of the errors. And i reduced the khz manually for some of the bigger music sounds.

Also a lot of the sounds i have are in stereo and they compile, i only changed the two that didn't want to compile to mono, which helped them compile.

And for one mono sound that didn't compile i set the bit to 16-pcm something, i really have no idea what that means. I am not very sound knowledagble. But it worked.

I used audacity to make these changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A problem I had was that the problem files were usually listed in the error as XX.mp3, etc. So I had no way of knowing which were the "erroneous" OGGs.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the error reporting is useless. I think it's a function of a Flash component and not the Clickteam Flash exporter, but they should really write a function to translate the error report into MMF2-language so we can locate the offending sounds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast