User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ibpArcade and Game Section - High Score Submission

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ibpArcade and Game Section - High Score Submission

The first is an arcade plugin for Invision Board. The second is for MyBB. I use MyBB, but Game Section seems to be based off of ibpArcade. I'm not understanding the "Get" object, and when asking in the chat room I haven't really (probably my own fault) been able to understand the responses.

I was told to use the Get object. I've tried that but couldn't yield any good results. There is very little documentation about getting high scores to work with Game Section, but apparently guides for ibpArcade are applicable to Game Section, and I found one here: http://askusaquestion.net/index.php?topic=21.0 (Scroll down a little to see the ibpArcade stuff)

Due to the nature of the arcade system the user has to be redirected to another page once the game score has been submitted. Assume I know nothing about the Get object because I really don't. But I do get the impression the object simply submits a score and won't be able to redirect the user on the current page. It is my understanding that the score won't go through anyway if this can't happen.

If I've just typed up a load of nonsense (a likely scenario) and you don't know how to help by what I've written here, I'd be willing to chip in a little (I can't promise a big payment since I'm skint lately) via PayPal if you have the know-how and you'd be personally willing to try and get scores working on my forum. You'd be welcome to try it out with your own game MFA. I'd give you admin access. I just want to get this working and know how to do it for my future projects.

Thanks.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: ibpArcade and Game Section - High Score Submission

Anybody?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna bump this again since it had been pushed to the next page. I'd like to figure this out ASAP so if anyone can respond, please do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump, even if it means little right now since I can't build Flash anyway. But if someone can help with this issue, I'd be thankful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am now offering £10 (or the equivalent in your currency) via PayPal to anyone who can build a simple example MFA compatible with my forum's arcade system. Normally I would not pay anyone for any request and try to figure it out myself, but lately my hands are tied and I'm not understanding the Get object so well. (And how to use it with my forum's arcade.) I've had a couple of coders scoff at me for this, which is kinda funny really for a forum about software which is marketed as "no programming required".

Well, sorry coders, but I'm not sure how to decipher my arcade's submit.php as I'm not a programmer, and since no one's willing to do a friendly favour for free, £10 is what I can spare. It ain't much, but if the problem is so amazingly simple as the coders seemed to have a good laugh over, then that should be easy money for whoever takes up the job. I just need this one example building which I can use for all my future MMF creations in my forum's arcade.

Here's the submit.php code: http://pastebin.com/yDke90HK

Here is an example TAR file SWFs are typically packaged in, in case you wanted to test out your MFA on my forum. http://www.outlawstar.co.uk/files/game_7upPinball.tar
    If that's the case then I can set up an administrator account with arcade credits (it's a pay to play system with virtual money earned by posting) so you can upload an example creation.

I've already offered this job to somebody else, but to be honest I want it completing ASAP and until I know it's being made, the offer is open to anybody who can do this. Any questions, ask in this thread or PM me.

Thank you.

p.s. Following up from my last post, I am now able to build Flash again so that isn't a problem anymore.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I probably will be able to do it, but you'll still need to follow a majority of the steps from:

http://www.ibpdownloads.com/basic_guide/tutorial_conversion.swf

This will probably require a new extension...

May I ask why in the world you're using this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you may have misunderstood. The link in my original post was just to show the kind of ActionScript that would be needed normally via Flash. However, what you suggested to me was that the Get object alone should suffice, in which case I'd assume looking at my forum arcade's submit.php code would give you the necessary information to use with Get?

I want it because I want to add my own MMF creations to an arcade so people can compete. Surely that isn't difficult to understand. I didn't think it would require a new extension though...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what I was thinking last night. This should be easy to do. Let me take a stab at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, sounds good, thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RickyRombo was able to help me with basic score submission functionality, but not the full functionality that all other Flash games use with this forum arcade plugin. (Or many other forum arcade plugins for that matter.)

Unfortunately Ricky does not have the time to help me with this right now. He did say that in order to make this fully work, it would require a modification of an existing extension. (I can't remember which. I think Ricky could maybe give you a heads-up on this.) If any developers are willing to help out with this high score extension I'd greatly appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast