User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Post your Flashgames on GameWall!

Clicker Fusion 2.5SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Post your Flashgames on GameWall!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharanygitis
    yes, the maximum height from this site is 480... is the game too big, the "wall" scaled the game automatic

the max size from the flashgame is : 640 x 480
    It would be fine if it scaled it automatically like you said, but it doesn't. It just cuts off the bottom of the game entirely.

You can compare the original on Mochi with the window on your site to see...the ad skip, volume controls, copyright credits, pause button, and combo counter are all cut off on your site. So if it's supposed to be scaling things something is going wrong as elements are missing/cut off.

Original game: http://www.mochimedia.com/games/play/smiley-gems

Maybe it's something to do with the game being made in MMF instead of flash?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If possible you probably want to boost the maximum to 800x600, that is the recommended maximum size of a flash game.

EDIT: Also is a big screenshot mandatory? I haven't submitted a game because I don't have screenshots for the trivial size of 640x425 x)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Eliyahu.. i'm change something next time ..

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The maximum size should be 960x640 for my upcoming ios-retina sized games

Really like the simplicity and the easy link-back to my site etc.. i don't have that on mine, but i have instant-submission and a pretty flashy mmf interface, if anyone would bother to put up their flash games on my site as well, that would be nice
    http://www.gameyey.com

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The maximum size should be 960x640 for my upcoming ios-retina sized games
    I've had negative feedback for uploading a 960x640 game to FlashGameLicense. If you're seeking sponsorship I recommend downscaling to a maximum 800x600 as advertisers will look more kindly upon it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best resolution is 640x480 ! many publishers has exactly this maximum-size

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that is entirely subjective, Pharanygitis. Different games require different resolutions. 800x600 a standard max and I believe the standard will only become higher as people monitors and bandwidth grow. (Just as 640x480 is no longer the standard resolution for your windows desktop).

I understand flash games average 640x480, but not everyone makes the exact average-dimensioned game. You could just as easily program your site to expand to whatever width the game is.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forum Moderator Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    800x600 a standard max
    I'm afraid not in Flash games. Sadly, there are many, many portals that have a fixed width design and have a maximum of 640 pixels in width for the game. Flash Game License warns that making a game greater than 640 cuts out a percentage of possible sponsors, I just don't know how big that percentage is.

In my own experience, I wrote a game with a width of 800 pixels, got it sponsored, and then the sponsor wanted me to change the size down to 724 so that it fitted on their thinner website. Their fault for not looking at the width of the game first, but it's worth weighing up carefully when you first sit down to start creating.
    Cranktrain - Currently finishing a new game called The Cat Machine!
    @MattLuard on Twitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a shame. Hopefully if portal developers are more open minded (hint hint) that trend will shift away.

Personally I base most of my object positioning around a FrameWidth/2 calculation so I'm easily able to size and scale the game. For people manually creating levels in the editor, this could invoke a lot of work to satisfy sponsors.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast