User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Online high scores

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Online high scores

Is Clickteam working / planning / outsourcing some extension in the near future that would allow MMF2 users to easily integrate an online high score board to their iOS games?

In Flash, MochiScores is absolutely great due to its extremely simple and straightforward configuration in MMF2. I would love to see something similar for iOS as well.

Custom PHP+MySQL leaderboard is of course always a good option and gives you more flexibility. But there are many downsides with this option as well. I actually dropped my custom online high score system and replaced it with Mochi in Flash games.

I've heard some talk about Game Center object. While that would be great to have, I'm not sure if it allows posting scores as "guest" i.e. as non-registered user, or does it require user account registration? Many casual players don't bother signing up, so that kind of an implementation would not work very well. Are there any alternatives available?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Online high scores

Doesn't the high score object already do that? I'm sure Just Survive has that feature... I could be wrong...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

> Is Clickteam working / planning / outsourcing some extension in the near future that would allow MMF2 users to easily integrate an online high score board to their iOS games?

It´s called "GameCenter"

> I'm not sure if it allows posting scores as "guest" i.e. as non-registered user, or does it require user account registration?

It doesn´t allow "guests".

> ... I'm sure Just Survive has that feature... I could be wrong...

You´re not wrong

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Hi-Score object is online-enabled, really? Where are the scores saved?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was answering to the statement that Just Survive has an online highscore ... edited my previous message to avoid confusion ...

You will have to manually create your own system. Mine it´s based on this one:

http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=114651&Searchpa ge=1&Main=16152&Words=highscores&Search=true#Post1 14651

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so php+MySQL is the only option available.

Game Center object is coming, but it does not allow score posting by guests aka unregistered users.

Does anyone know if there are some other 3rd party services for iOS (obviously not yet available for MMF2) with online high score capability without forced user account registration (similar to Mochi Scores in Flash)? OpenFeint maybe?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OpenFeint is iOS enabled so it should be ported in some time to our framework.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far I never played iOS games, therefore I don't know which online highscore system is typically used. But isn't Game Center the most important one?

Btw, do players expect local scores or should we focus solely on onlinescores?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I didn't know you could interact with PHP and SQL in the iOS runtime. That's awesome news.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BHGames
    I was answering to the statement that Just Survive has an online highscore ... edited my previous message to avoid confusion ...

You will have to manually create your own system. Mine it´s based on this one:

http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=114651&Searchpa ge=1&Main=16152&Words=highscores&Search=true#Post1 14651
    Will this work step-by-step in iOS? I looked through the needed extensions, wasn't sure if all of them exist in the iOS runtime right now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast