User Tag List

Thread: App Screen Panning Widget

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

App Screen Panning Widget

[size:17pt]App Screen Panning Widget[/size]
    This is a widget that was designed to allow you to jump between screens within an application, giving it a more organic layout.
    There are 5 modes:
    • Mode 0 - Scrolling disabled: (for using your own integrated scrolling)
    • Mode 1 - Screen Snap: Jump to another screen by a command.
    • Mode 2 - Slide: Slide the screen by clicking and dragging on it. (works very similarly to how iPhone scrolls applications)
    • Mode 3 - Slide & Snap: Slide the screen by dragging. It will Snap to the closest screen.
    • Mode 4 - Gesture Snap: Click and drag, making a small gesture up, down, left, or right. It will move the screen in that direction.

It only uses one active object, and is easily disabled by setting MODE to 0.
    The code is also simple and easy to read. Just drag 'n' drop the object in your frame.

These "screen sliding" and "gesturing" techniques are designed with touch screen capability in mind, and would be perfect for an iOS game/app.

Note:
    There was one feature I wanted to implement, but couldn't get it working right. With the slide methods, I wanted an option to be able to "throw" the screen. That is, when you let go of your click while moving the cursor, the screen would continue off at that angle/speed, until it slowly decelerated to a stop. I just couldn't really get it to work.

If anyone can figure it out, please do! I would love to see a "Screen Panning Widget v2.0" with more features.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: App Screen Panning Widget

Quote Originally Posted by JimJam
    Note:
    There was one feature I wanted to implement, but couldn't get it working right. With the slide methods, I wanted an option to be able to "throw" the screen. That is, when you let go of your click while moving the cursor, the screen would continue off at that angle/speed, until it slowly decelerated to a stop. I just couldn't really get it to work.
    I can do this, when I got some free time I can add it into your widget probably?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: App Screen Panning Widget

Alright, thanks! I would greatly appreciate it.

It should be easy to do, I just couldn't get it feel right.

Just as a little side note to the throwing concept:
    In the mode called "Slide & Snap" (i think its 3), you have to toggle the snapping so that it only occurs when the movement has stopped. This way the widget won't try to snap to the nearest cell as soon as you let go. This is how I got the slide to work with the other movements, without having to recode each one separately.

Ideally, I would like the "throw" to be able to work with the other modes, and not override any current ones. That way you can have "Slide" and "Slide & Snap" and "Slide + Throw" and "Slide & Snap + Throw", so if someone wants to use the slide feature, without snapping or throwing, they still can.

But I'm not asking anything of you. This is just how I would do it, if I were to do it.