Yes, this is the "small" bug
Yes, this is the "small" bug
This seems like a really great extension in the works. I use Mochi a lot and it's great to see you have started to develop a more extensive support for these APIs as CT stopped their development. I did some tests and came up with a few questions/comments:
- How is the "Show Advanced Leaderboard" action supposed to differ from "Show Leaderboard with x and y" or "Quick show Leaderboard" actions? I got the same leaderboard in each case.
- There is a lot of options in the "Show Advanced Leaderboard" action like "resolution", "preloader display", "number of display scores", etc, but I couldn't figure out their meaning. Have those been documented somewhere? The leadeboard looked the same regardless of what values I gave. For example, number of scores on the leaderboard was always the standard 50.
- X and Y positions of the leaderboard didn't seem to work. I recall that was reported already earlier.
- How exactly do I get the scores in a string (a feature I will have a lot of use for!)? I tried Change alterable string --> retrieve data from an object --> Advanced MochiAds --> MochiAds --> Leaderboard, but there is nothing more than "is score submitted?" expression to choose from.
- Show Achievements: can the background color (grey) be changed or set transparent?
- What is API --> Set Notifications?
- Any plans of adding support for click-away ads ?
Keep up the good work. If this eventually replaces MMF2 built-in Mochi extensions in my Flash games, I will definitely be donating.
About getting the leaderboard data into a string, please see the attached example. I'm parsing the data with the String Parser extension. The example is fully commented, and hopefully understandable.
Before compiling the example don't forget to enable the 'Use Mochiads' application property and enter your Mochi game Id. Your Mochi game Id and your Leaderboard Id must also be entered in the code (see blue comments).
The only thing that I can't figure out, is how to convert the timestamps into proper human-readable dates. The first step is to truncate the last 3 digits because these timestamps are 13-digits long. After that we would need an unix timestamp converter.
If only Dynasoft could port his TimeStamp extension to Flash.
So, here is the next new update:
[color:#FF0000]+ Show Click-Away-Ads now added (with custom x and y).. and you can removed the AD whenever you want !
+ You can't set the x and y coordinates in leaderboards, this is a direct-mochiads-problem (please replace all Leaderboard-Actions)... but you can change the x and y from the mochiads-extension!
+ Two Leaderboard "actions" replaced
+ "cleaned the code" ...[/color]
+ Fixed, please test itExample: My leaderboard has only 8 score entries
- If I request the listing of 5 scores I will get 5 score entries: that's okay
- If I request the listing of 20 scores I will only get 7 score entries: that's bad because the 8th score entry is missing
[color:#009900]Very cool, anybody can help me to written a good helpfile![/color]
Download (zip-file): Download the extension
The issue with the low number of score entries in the leaderboard is fixed. Thank you very much Pharanygitis!
What are these 2 actions?Originally Posted by Pharanygitis
I was hoping that you fixed the issue with the "Submit score only" action, but apparently you did not. Also, I wonder if that action is supposed to work with the "isScoreSubmitted" expression?
Sorry, i have forgett it Oliver please re-download again! you can enter now in the function "submit score only" the leaderboard id (replace this action)
Super thanks Jens, it is working!
Thanks Olivier for the example, I'll check it out.
I get a "is not a valid RAR file" message. Corrupted archive?Originally Posted by Pharanygitis
Jens, I just wanted to point out that whatever Game Id is entered in the app property and in the "Connect to MochiAds" action, we can display the leaderboard data from another game if we wish by using the "getFullLBAsString$" expression. I don't know if this is intended or not, but it's definitely not a problem.
By the way, your extension is still dependent of the "Use Mochiads" application property.