Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Beta] OpenAL

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[Beta] OpenAL

Some of you might remember Fanother's game project from CC 2011. It was heavily based on surround sound. The extension he used for that was written by me and was based on the FMOD library.
    However there's one big problem with the library: Its license. If you want to release a commercial title you have to pay a fortune. That's why we switched to OpenAL, to be specific, OpenAL-Soft, which is LPGL and therefore you can sell commercial titles for free. However this extension is also somewhat easier to use because you can simply place sound sources in a 3D world and the extension does all the surround calculation.

The extension is of course dedicated to surround sound because of Fanotherpg's game, but also supports some other cool features such as real-time effects and filters and microphone input playback.

The two most important keywords in the extension are inputs and sources.
    An input basically does what it says. It can either hold a file, or the microphone input, or a dynamically generated audio signal.
    Files can be loaded as either samples or streams. WAV and OGG are supported.

These inputs can be assigned to a so-called source.
    A source is basically like a channel, but also a sound at the same time. They can be named, so you can select and modify them later, but don't have to. A source needs an input to function. Once you create a source, it is selected and you can play or modify it however you want. The basic way to play a sound in OpenAL is:

Create source with input "LoadedFile"
    Play source

That's it! By default, a source is deleted once it finished playback, but that can be changed with the 'permanent' setting.

For surround, you will also need the "Listener" which is basically the player. He can move around in the 3D environment - just like sources can have their own position, but dont need one if you dont plan to use surround.

I hope that clears it up somewhat.

There are no examples right now but I hope some of you can figure it out somewhat already. Some examples should come up soon (it's late and I'm tired :sleep

http://clickteam.info/looki/Extensions/Beta/OpenAL.zip
    http://clickteam.info/looki/Extensions/Source/OpenAL.zip

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [Beta] OpenAL

http://tm2fk.pl/OpenAL_ex.zip just a quick example by Looki from morning, which still seems to work... So have fun with it. And the only licence agreement we got is that you let us know in what projects you are going to use it. Also if you want you can chip in (donate) Looki efforts, so I will be able to sooner pay him off for his hard work.

Also FMOD extension might be published later on... If anyone would like to see it.

Also just a tech note: Current version is compatible ONLY with Windows-runtime, but soon we will release a Anaconda-supported version, to support Anaconda and Stone Goose.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually made a widget like this for panning sound ages ago, given an X coordinate it would pan the sound relative to the window. Great job with the surround sound, though!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Really nice extension

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks, and thanks for the crash report when capturing from the mic

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No problem

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just want to inform you that this extension is not dead. It's still in development - however there was a huge problem: It'd crash when the program is closed. AND WHY? Thanks to Edif not automatically adding the required structures to the rundata structure based on what extra settings your object has (alterable values, sprites, etc.) like the old rSDK did I had no idea about that. LB told me about this and the problem was immediately gone. I have motivation to work on this again

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward it

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will this object be compatible with other builds like android?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No.

Good reminder though, I fixed the crash on close bug weeks ago, might as well post it here.
    http://clickteam.info/looki/Extensions/Beta/OpenAL.zip

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast