User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BUG: Resume sample action restarts the sample

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUG: Resume sample action restarts the sample

I have just realized that when I pause a sample and then resume a sample, the sample being resumed restarts from the beginning, instead of resuming where it was before the pause. This only happens in the Flash runtime (swf) and NOT in the MMF2 debugger.

Is there any workaround for this in the meantime?

Mobichan

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: BUG: Resume sample action restarts the sample

This is a known issue we stumbled upon during the beta tests, actually Flash itself is flawed:
    http://www.stevensacks.net/2008/08/07/as3-sound-channel-bug/

In that blog, we can read in one of the last comment that this issue is now addressed in Flash CS5. So maybe there is something to do?

There is no workaround that I'm aware of.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not quite sure how a fix in the Flash IDE will be applicable to the Flash exporter in MMF2. Unless it is a change in AS3?

I wonder if setting the volume to 0 for that sample would be a workaround.

EDIT: Looks like I can get away with setting the volume to 0 on that sample's channel. It doesn't pause the music, but at least it doesn't reset it. Hopefully this can be resolved in a future exporter update.

Clicker

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spoke too soon. Apparently you have no control over the channel volume in the Flash exporter? I tried it in debug and it worked, but once again the swf was a different story. Should the volume options be grayed out if the file is set to Flash exporter type?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am using "Set Channel Volume" without problems. What code are you using, maybe there's something wrong with it?

Clicker

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Set Channel Volume to 0 when my pause code is activated. Then Set Channel Volume to 100 when the game is resumed. My pause code is done with groups being activated/deactivated.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, I don't see what is going wrong mobichan. Please see the attached test app which we were using to chase bugs related to sound playback. This app shows on a single frame all the Sound actions/conditions/expressions available for the Flash runtime.

Almost all the features do work in the compiled .swf for me (I'm currently using b252). What does not work as far as I can tell:
    - Resuming a looped sample. When doing this the sample will restart from the beginning as well as its loop count.
    - The Sample/Channel position expressions return 0 when the Sample/Channel is paused.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things seems to work fine for me if I build that test app as a swf. This is starting to become maddening, since I only set the volume for channel 1 (the channel I am trying to pause/silence) in a single place in the code. When something needs the game to pause, I am enabling a group called "Pause" that has 2 lines of code in it:

+ Flag 0 is OFF
    - Set Channel 1 volume to 0
    - Set Flag 0 ON
    - Disable group "Pause"

+Flag 0 is ON
    - Set Channel volume to 100
    - Set Flag 0 OFF
    - Disable Group "Pause"

Outside of that group I always set Flag 0 OFF. I have some other code that fires just fine in the Pause group code (which I left out of my example). And since this works just fine in exe, I can only guess that there is something that the Flash exporter is doing slightly different.

Any other ideas what might be happening?

Clicker

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uploaded a super simple version of the bug:

http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=246961&#Post246 961

Just press the "P" key and the volume should go to 0. It works in EXE but not SWF.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The events where you set the main volume conflict with the events where you set the channel volume. In other words setting the main volume affects the volume of all the channels/samples. Yes, this is another difference between the Flash and the regular runtime.

To solve your problem just add a condition "Only one action when event loops" in your events on lines 4 and 5.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast