Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Case Statement equivalent?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Case Statement equivalent?

I need to create a scoring evaluation routine. In VB6, I would have used a Case Statement to construct the routine. Does MMF2 have a direct equivalent? If so, where can I find info on how to use it? Thanks.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Case Statement equivalent?

You could have a group of events deactivated, and when you needed to use them activate that group of events and let the events "Val == 1" "Val == 2" "Val == 3" etc. run. The equivalent of a Break would be deactivating the group of events.

Calling a fastloop 1 time would work too but stopping a fastloop still triggers all the rest of the On Loop conditions.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'd be cool if you stopped the loop twice in a row it would end immediately. Also Ending the application twice in a row should skip the fade animation

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. You two enjoy chatting. I'm giving up MMF2 as not ready for prime time. I've come to admire Jeff Vance as an employee ClickTeam doesn't deserve. This forum is a love letter to true believers in this badly flawed program/concept. The history of programs "to replace programming" is full of good intentions and sad results. MMF2 suffers the same delusional results and slavish inability to face reality; There is no such thing as programming without programming. As MMF2 slogs ever deeper into "matrixes of check boxes are way cooler than code", followers lose track of the fact that they're needing to write or adapt "one more extention" or glue together one more kludge-driven crypto fix. I'll miss the generous members of this forum, but I won't miss MMF2.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the respectfully disagree with LeGauche. I believe that what Clickteam has done is amazing. I do agree with LeGauche that the control statements need to be redone to make them easier to use. I would also like to see the ability to have modules of being better able to organize the code.

Now with that said, I also what to say that there may be more experienced MMF programmers than me.

But to say LeGauche that MMF is a "badly flawed program/concept" is not fair or true. I understand your comments. But I have seen the program greatly improve over the years.

Yes, I also agree that at times it does seem a group-think is taking place. But then a new version comes out and I am blown away by what Clickteam has done.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you met Eagle, by any chance? MMF2 is not a program that does all the work for you.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MMF2 greatly speeds up the development process. Surely you cannot expect it to be flawless? Surely you don't expect it to mimic other programming languages?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MMF2 may not be as powerful as some coding languages such as C++ but is definitely an easier but still powerful alternative.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read and study the responses to my post, and you see the same wistful need to believe. I'm not angry at MMF2 - far from it. The promise of "programming without programming" is seductive as hell. I know from experience. In the 1980's I founded CodeWriter Corporation to do the same thing. In the ensuing 6 years, we built a base of hundreds and hundreds of true believers who were as deluded as I was. There was always "one more fix" needed to program without code. I finally woke up in 1986 and closed the doors. I've been seduced several more times since, and began my study of MMF2 8 months ago. It's a siren without mercy.

The most maddening aspect of MMF2 and ClickTeam is that a solution is staring us in the face; The underlying code already in MMF2 could be the basis for a EXTREMELY GOOD procedural language! Let's call it GDL for Game Design Language. The C++ beneath MMF2 can be the basis for a first-class high level interpreter. Because GDL "knows" it exists for creating games, not everything, learning would much easier than the painful, low-level C++ . An "intellisense" feature would expose all the existing objects so that using them would be straight forward and creating (instancing) new objects would be possible.

C'mon all you ClickTeam supporters, you know in your heart of hearts that a maze of check boxes is not an alternative to programming - but a mis-guided flight from programming. I have 30 years of experience to absolutely guarantee that creating games with GDL would be MUCH EASIER than banging on MMF2.

Can't we gently and kindly approach Yves?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MMF2 events are already compiled to bytecode.
    There are the .NET, Python, and XLua extensions if you want scripting.
    There is no "maze of check boxes" - you seem not to understand how events work...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast