User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Twelve frustrated questions from an old Kliker.

oldkliker

please delete this post

please delete this post

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Twelve frustrated questions from an old Kliker.

I'll answer the questions I know:
    2. I agree this is annoying.

3. I find this very useful, why would you want non-proportional resizing? I hardly need to resize thing anyway.

4. No, but you can include it in the Binary data & extract it at runtime (or package it with the EXE) and use the Font Embed Object to load it at runtime.

5. With Flash and (I think) iOS, there is an option in the application properties for fonts to include.

7. Just change the angle if you need so many directions - surely you don't have more than 32 different ways your character needs to look?

9. MMF3 will be in Unicode I believe. The plugins were developed at later times from the original MMF2 product. You can't expect it to all be integrated in such a short time. A lot of stuff is being prioritized to allow work on MMF3.

10. No. For Mac, you can use Java or Python exports (both free, and Java is integrated into MMF2 with no add-ons or installs needed), and for Linix, you can use Python export.

11. They are all pretty recent and most of the time that could be spent boasting has been spent on developing and making them better. There are loads of creations you can see in the respective forums. They have a few bugs that are being fixed or are already fixed in a yet-to-be-released update, and for the most part they work quite well.

12. You can...right click -> rename

Note: as far as I know from the info from CC11, MMF3 is in the works and aims to remedy the concerns you have.

And as for Raster vs Vector, most of the platforms MMF2 supports/can export to use raster graphics. What would you want otherwise? A form of Vector -> Raster for these platforms that could slow down a game? MMF2 at least supports alpha channel so you can still make things look like they are Vector graphics, which has worked very well for many users in the past.

You bring up good points about MMF2 that should be resolved, but I think a lot of work has recently been going into the exporters.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anaconda Runtime was just released, which runs on Mac.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oldkliker
    I don't understand what you mean by "just change the angle". And I just noticed that 32 was the maximum when I tried to create a missile that was going to turn smoothly.
    I mean in the event editor, under Scale and Angle, you can choose to change the angle to an integer value between 0 and 359. In HWA or build 252, you can use up to two decimal places to have 36000 different directions, essentially. It's good for your purpose of missiles. Note that you have to move it manually with trigonometry, though, since the inbuilt movements are pretty bad and only support up to 32 directions. (Why do they have the inbuilt movements then? I have no idea. ;p)

I don't now the differences betwen MMF and MMF2, as I only ever used TGF1 prior to getting the second software series. Though, I do think you will have plenty of time to make back the money you spend on MMF2 before MMF3 comes out. And even then, it's not like you will no longer be able to use MMF2 when MMF3 comes out years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by oldkliker
    Okay! Time out! I had no idea at all about any Python export feature! Why are they not mentioning these things on the front page?! They are major advantages...
    It was only just released recently. Here's the post from the Open Topic Community Forum:
    http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=244935
    I guess I got "Anaconda" confused with "Python"...
    EDIT: Snipe'd by StephenL. It runs on Linux too.

As for Vector/Rastor, I know what you mean, I think, but to be honest, I am not any sort of graphics artist and I don't have all the insight you seem to have. I will let someone else answer on this subject.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe you may have missed my post; Stephen and I posted in quite a close range of time.

There is also an entire Anaconda forum, I'm not sure how you missed that in your search.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HWA is a separate runtime and it allows for... hardware acceleration, among other things. It's stable and has been out for a while now.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is also now integrated into MMF2 as of build 252.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. That's fair comment. A lot of the changes are under the surface - MMF2 is *far* more stable, and with HWA performance is a lot better too (you achieve much higher framerates with large numbers of objects, and use pixelshader effects). There are also more extensions and exporters for MMF2. Those aren't the only differences, but I consider them to be the main ones.

2. Agreed, but it's a minor detail.

3. Agreed, but again it's quite a minor detail.

4. There is an extension that allows you to embed fonts, so the user does not need to have them installed.

5. I believe the same applies, but I'm not certain.

6. There's a drop-down menu / slider bar on the toolbar (depending on which editor you're using). I don't remember what the mousewheel does (I'm on a laptop so I can't check).

7. You can rotate a sprite to any angle, or if that's not appropriate (eg. if the sprite is viewed from 3/4 perspective) there are other work-arounds...

8. Mainly because that's what people want. Personally, I hate working with vector graphics and I hate the graphical style you see in so many flash games.

9. It takes time and money to develop, but the majority of users wouldn't need it, and therefore wouldn't want to pay for it - meaning that the minority who do want to use it have to pay more.

10. Nope, but who cares about Mac and Linux users anyway?

11. Try the games for yourself...

12. Agreed. The way values and strings are handled in MMF2 is truly retarded. You really should be allowed to reorder values, declare new variables at runtime, use variable names with qualifiers, refer to a variable by its name, etc - but MMF2 doesn't allow any of these. I really hope this will change with MMF3...

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow at the negativity there, and sounds like age breed bitterness.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just quick comments :

9. The original version of MMF2 was not Unicode. We've developed a Unicode version for the Japanese market, so we decided to release the English version of this Unicode version as add-on for the ones who are interested only (releasing as an update would have been a major headache because there might be some compatibility issues).

10. A Mac runtime will be released soon.

12. MuddyMole is wrong, you can rename the global and alterable values, right click on them and select Rename. The only limitation is that you cannot see these names in global events and behaviors, that will be fixed in MMF3.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast