Thread: iPhone/iPad Game Crash

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iPhone/iPad Game Crash

Hello:

My game keeps crashing, over and over and over regardless of whether or not it is on my actual iphone/ipad or on either simulator. . At first I was getting memory warnings, but honestly the packaged file only comes out to be about 11 MBs, which isn't that much at all. Next, I started getting these in the debugger window:

Warning: the current language does not match this frame.
    Current language: auto; currently objective-c
    (gdb)

Can somebody please help me?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: iPhone/iPad Game Crash

Is there a image/compressor that I'm not aware of for the iPhone? Aside for the one that they have in the MMF2 program with color reduction? People keep talking about memory around here, but my thing is, I have Rayman, with all sorts of sleek looking 3D graphics, sounds and video and I know it has to take up more than my little ol game, so I don't think it should be an issue, unless there is a packaging/compression process I'm not aware of.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TechEdDiva, I had problems similar to this and discovered they were caused by having too many events fire off repeatedly in my main loop that work harmlessly on the PC, but really have a memory hit on iOS. As a result I have learned to create Group of Events and use things like Only one action when an events loops.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure about your debugger message, but in XCode just because your app is 11Mb doesn't mean it won't use more than 11Mb when running. Yes, it does compress the graphics. JPEG files by their very nature are compressed and have to be decompressed to view, at which point they take up much more memory.

The Rayman game probably has quite sophisticated memory management routines to load new textures and free up old ones as the game progresses.

BTW This isn't a failing of the iOS Exporter, even programming directly in Obj-C you have to be very careful with memory management. This can be hard to get your head around when you've been used to PC programming with lots of memory available.

Looking through this forum a few things to try:

1. Try stripping out sound FX & Music (sometimes the conversion of these can lead to large files if not already MP3 or WAV)

2. Try compressing your graphics in MMF2

3. Remove/reduce large images or images that have a lot of animation frames. EG fullscreen backdrops or anything with width or height >100 or so (animation frames may all be loaded at once, even if not used)

4. Try it with just a single frame (if your game has multiple frames in the MMF2 Storyboard editor)

5. If you're app is 1024x768 or 960x640 try it at 480x320 (the smaller screen size may use less memory)

Hope this helps and good luck with your app!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you haven't already, give this a read: http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=241234#Post2412 34

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can you send us your .mfa file so we can find the cause for the crash? Thanks

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2iOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also had crashes and after hours of searching i managed to stop it crashing by removing the "dissapearing" frames of a specific object!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am gettign the same error :

Warning: the current language does not match this frame.
    Current language: auto; currently objective-c
    (gdb)

Did you solve this issue ?