User Tag List

Thread: Hosting Dedicated Servers

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hosting Dedicated Servers

I was referred to this post via a post I made asing about MooClick and hosting a server that does not require my PC to be on 24/7.
    I tried out Lacewing and loved it. WORLDs better then MooClick.

Anyways, I still have the issue of the server.
    Are there tutorial on how to set up servers like the ones in the 'Public Servers' thread? I can probably obtain a domain and whatnot.
    Also what about saved data? That would be something I'd want included in a tutorial as well.

Sorry if there's an obvious one I missed, I am prone to that sort of thing.

PS: The last thread said I was way off about PHP/MySQL being the way to go, so I am trying again with a blank slate of a clue.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hosting Dedicated Servers

To set up a server, you click the LacewingServer.exe and you're good to go! Almost.

You need a static internal IP address. You can get this by changing, in the properties of your network adapter, the iPv4 settings. Before you do this, run CMD and type ipconfig /all, so when you change your iPv4 to manual you can put the information as it was in CMD. All this does is make sure your computer requests the same IP from the router each time.

Then you need to set up port forwarding on your router. This is a bit harder. You'll have to log in to your router admin page, and find where it handles port forwarding (probably around the firewall section). Then, forward the TCP and/or UDP protocols for whatever port you want to run the server from to the IP address you set your computer to. Since it's internal, it'll likely be in the format 192.168.0.x or 10.0.0.x, depending on how your router works. It could be neither of those also.

One more thing: you should have someone else make sure your server works once you have forwarded the ports and are running the server on the port you opened from the computer you forwarded the port to. I'm not sure if there's a setting I'm missing, but I'm unable to view a website I'm hosting from the computer I'm hosting it with using Lacewing webserver. I've never used regular Lacewing Server though, so I don't know if it's the same.

If you have more related questions, I'll try to answer them too

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the basics of setting up a server, and can do so.
    What I don't know is how to have a dedicated server hosted from a separate network to mine and on a computer I don't need to leave on 24/7!

I'm aware it would likley cost money.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rent a VPS running a Linux OS :-)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be *nix, could be Windows, but you'll need either a VPS or a dedicated server to host for the Lacewing Relay protocol.