User Tag List

Thread: Can the IOS module talk to the web?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can the IOS module talk to the web?

I couldn't see any objects that do this but in Extensionview it does indicate that GetObject by Jamie McLaughlin is available for IOS. Is that right? Has anyone tried it successfully? I want to post a high score to a web database. Possible?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Can the IOS module talk to the web?

Yes, I can confirm that the Get object works on iOS.

I used php+MySQL to send, store and retrieve scores. Tried it on iPod touch and iPad. The only problems I encountered when doing this was with String Tokenizer object used for parsing. Had to replace it with String Parser which seems to be slower, but Tokenizer just didn't work with fast loops (OK in MMF and exe, not working in iOS). Parsing and rearranging scores to a leaderboard with String Parser and fastloops works but is rather slow.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Can the IOS module talk to the web?

MJK:
    I'm not sure if you sent us an example file of string tokenizer not working in a fastloop. Could you send it to me so I can fix it? Thanks