User Tag List

Thread: Can I use Mochi Ads in iOS?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I use Mochi Ads in iOS?

Hey all,

I'm planning on making an iOS game for a client, for which I might use Multimedia Fusion. However, she wants the game to have Mochi Ads.

I know there's a Mochi Ads extension, but does it work in iOS or only Flash?

If not, is there another way for me to do it? For example:
    1) Write some kind of xcode or flash "shell" that runs the game I made in MMF as well as showing Mochi Ads
    2) Export the game to Flash, then maybe use Adobe AIR to convert that to iOS?
    3) Write my own extension? (I've made extensions for windows games but I don't know how it works with iOS)
    4) Somehow manually retrieve the Mochi information using Moo or some other object that can communicate with the internet?

I want to make sure it's possible before I start making the game in MMF. If it's not possible then I might have to develop the game in something else like Flash or Xcode. Ideally though, I'd like to use MMF2 since development would be much, much faster and more pleasant :]

Thanks,
    Sebastian

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Can I use Mochi Ads in iOS?

iOS can't display flash, so no. The Mochi ads would have to be in a format the iOS can playback.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You can use the Apple ad system with MMF2 Developer.

Not sure if Apple would want any other ad system. Seems like the type of thing they would prevent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, ok. Turns out there was a misunderstanding, she only wants Mochi Ads in the flash version of the game. Thanks for the replies. Good to know that MMF2 Developer can use the Apple ad system.