User Tag List

Thread: Get Current URL?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get Current URL?

Is there anyway to get the current URL? I tried looking at the Flash Player Object's actions but there doesn't seem to anything there.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Get Current URL?

The Flash Player object has an expression called GetDomain$( "Flash® Player" ).
    I have not tried it, but that seems like it may do the job.
    If that only retrieves the domain (www.mysite.com) and you need it to retrieve the entire url of the current page that links to the application, then you can do that by calling a javascript that retrievs the url of the current page. You can add the javascript on the page that links to the file.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, I now have a .js function which reads...

Function JSGetCurrentURL()
    {
    var currentURL = window.location.pathname;
    }

..but how exactly do I return the value into mmf2? There doesnt seem to be an onComplete condition for the object, only an 'on JavaScript Error' condition?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OKay, now I've found how to display the returned String using JSStrResult$( "Flash® Player" ) however this is actually returning empty) despite using the following js function:

function JSGetCurrentURL()
    {
    var currentURL = window.location.pathname;
    return currentURL;
    }

What's up with the .js function?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, I also tried GetWindowDomain$( "Flash® Player" ) as described in the documentation to get the full domain path but this only returns the top level site name ("mysite.com")

I still need assistance with the .js function.
    Cheers

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried it on an actual webserver? As far as I remember the javascript function wouldn't work on the local filesystem.

1. Make sure the javascript works on your webserver (mysite.com)

2. Add this code to your MMF game:

* Start of frame
    - Flash Object: Call Function "JSGetCurrentURL"
    - String 1: Set Alterable String to JSStrResult$( "Flash Object" )

3. Save game as Flash, copy it to the webserver, and run it from a page that inludes the javascript.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm actually running it live on the webserver but nothing is returned. ?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's strange if you're doing everything correctly. Make sure spelling and capitilazing is correct, and when you call the function, don't include the "()". Try with as simple code as possible. Also make sure that the game gets the latest version of the script, that it is not cached.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apologies. My javascript was attached to my PHP file which was in a different directory on the server. I have since embedded the javascript function into the actual html page and it gets called just fine.
    Many thanks!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem! I had lots of problems before I was able to set it up correctly too