User Tag List

Thread: [Request] Webcam Object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Request] Webcam Object

Can anyone create a Webcam Object for the MMFusion? I did an application two years ago in C++ where I saved a frame of webcam's image as image. I don't know create extensions, but I remember the functions that I used. Moreover, I know just the basics in C++.
    Basically, the extension need just one condition:
    - Webcam exist;

And two actions:
    - Capture frame;
    - Salve captured frame;

I can give the code of my program, draw the icon and create example/help files.

Thanks

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [Request] Webcam Object

I would love to see this as well, but I think that if possible it would be great if it could display webcam input to a box in the frame at runtime.
    Might be a bit of a tall order...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

We had a beta of a webcam object but it seemed to have some issues with certain cams.

If I could find someone who had the time/experience to fix this I would certainly hire them. It was very close to done. When it worked it worked great.

Let me know if you read this and want to finish it off.
    Must know C++ very well.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jeff,

I had problems too. Webcams use different color codifications. In my project, RGB works fine, but other not (the image shows green tones and other problems). May be the problem with extension. Can I test it here?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff, what SDK is it using? The regular MMFSDK, rSDK, or EDIF?

In any case I would be interested in having a look at the code.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It uses MMF2SDK. To get the source, you would have to take up the project.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So much for a developer-friendly community.[color:#CCCCCC]</sarcasm>[/color]
    I'd rather look at it and determine whether it's too advanced or not than take a wild guess.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trust me, it's advanced.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still wild!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Paid Request Pool is a great idea but it will only get offers from coders in the MMF community but i am guessing others could do it also with source and a bit of help.

So maybe Clickteam could commission coders from community's like StackOverflow or Codeproject etc. I have seen some of Clickteams competition promoting and requesting help on these types types of sites so it might be a good idea to try maybe.

I am guessing needing to buy the program to make objects would put a few coders off, so maybe Clickteam could make some sort of object display surface with testing menus. So it's not the full program yet developers can create and test extensions without having to buy the program.