User Tag List

Thread: Question about MF2

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about MF2

Hello i'm new on that and I want to know what extension is better for create an mmorpg game with multimedia fusion, if someone can give me the name of a extension or some tutorial it would be great, thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Question about MF2

MMORPGs are probably the single most complex and difficult type of game to make - really only suitable for very experienced MMF2 users. To be honest, I think if you have to ask about tutorials or extensions, you're probably going to be wasting your time trying.

If you *really* want to try, you'll need the Lacewing extension to send data. If you google it you should find a few examples and tutorials that show you how to use it, but it will still be up to you to figure out what data to send to which clients, when to send it, how to organise and store it, etc - none of which is easy.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second Lacewing, and the other stuff MuddyMole mentioned.

You can find the forum for Lacewing right here:

http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=80&page=1

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My advice... start slow, really slow.

You can even do a MMO from scratch but it will be a complete mess if you still didnt get the "fell" of the software... it will strike you in the back, with anger.

try a platformer, puzzle, shooter...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Start with extremely simple RPG's and work your way up. For instance, you could start with a game that plays like Gauntlet, even making it as simple as a single screen maze you move around. Expand on that. Learn how to do inventories, yada yada. You can start out in the general area of type of games you want to make, you just have to be willing to work your way up the ladder. MMORPG's are going to be extremely complex no matter what tool you are using.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wise words Shawn =]