User Tag List

Thread: Create a lacewing server?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Create a lacewing server?

Hello i'm new on Lacewing and i want to know how can i have my own lacewing server and host it on my house, if someone can giveme a tutorial or exemple or something it would be great, thanks!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Create a lacewing server?

If you want to create your own server, especially designed for your game, you can use MMF, Python or C++ for it. But if you just need a simple server, there's already an app that you just need to run and that's all.

AFAIK, MMF is not really a good choice to create a server. I recommend using C++ for that or if you're not into it, you can just use Python: http://code.google.com/p/pylacewing/. I think it comes with some documentation, check out this thread: http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=109154&page=1

There're no Lacewing tutorials for C++ (yet?) but it's not that hard to understand if you're into C++

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where can I find the app u mean? I just downloaded the last pylacewing, I opened account_client into folder mmf/account_server with multimedia fusion, when i start this it throw an error "An error ocurred: Socket error - Error connecting."

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure, you'd have to ask Jamie since there's already a new version of Lacewing and the app was probably out of date.
    I'm affraid I can't help with the pylacewing, I haven't used it. Try asking in the mentioned thread or maybe someone's gonna help here

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to get pylacewing from GitHub, since there hasn't been a release of the new protocol update yet.