Thread: [BETA] The Buzz Object

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[BETA] The Buzz Object

Hi, everyone

Here goes my first extension I've created it for my own needs and I guess not many people will be able to use it since you need a specific game controller for it. Anyway:

The Buzz Object gives you a full control of Sony Playstation set of Buzzer controllers. If you've never heard of them, that's how they look like:

Each Buzzer has 5 buttons: the big red one (with LED inside), called Buzz and 4 colorful buttons. The Buzzers are mostly used in quiz games where the buttons from blue to yellow work like answers "A, B, C, D" and the Buzz button is used for many various things (like pressing it first when you know the correct answer, etc).
    Each set has 4 Buzzers (wired or wireless) and can be simply plugged into a USB port.

The reason for creating the Buzz object was to control the LEDs in each Buzzer and that's probably the most advanced part of this extension xD It can also simply read the button states.

As for now, there are 3 different versions of the Buzzer controllers for Sony Playstation: wired, wireless v1 and wireless v2. I've checked it with the wired ones and the wireless v2. I don't own the set of wireless v1, so I can't check if it works with them. I'd be grateful if anyone here owned that set and would feel like checking it for me

It should be able to control up to 64 sets of Buzzers simultanously (so it's 256 Buzzers). However I don't own more than one set and also couldn't test it yet. I'm probably gonna check it soon with my friend's set.

Any info about the usage of the Buzz Object can be found in the included help file.

DOWNLOAD

I'm looking forward to hear your opinions and any errors found

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [BETA] The Buzz Object

will there be an xbox360 version as i have the wireless set on the xbox360

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't show up in MMF for me (Windows XP). Do I need to have drivers installed that are included with the Buzzer controllers? If so, you should load them dynamically so games using the extension won't crash if the user doesn't have the drivers installed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, it doesn't need any external DLLs. Sorry, I'm gonna upload the working version in a moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Spryz
    will there be an xbox360 version as i have the wireless set on the xbox360
    Sorry, but I don't think so as I don't have an XBox to test it on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I couldn't post it sooner!
    Here's the link to working version:
    DOWNLOAD

[size:8pt]Request to someone who can do it - please update the link in my first post as I can't edit it any longer for some reason? [/size]

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Greg,
    Would you be able to make an example of how to use this extension as I can't seem to get it working with my buzzer controllers

Thanks and Regards
    Tim Ellis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it's pretty simple. Just try something like this:
    Code:
    -Upon pressing "Space bar" -> Switch lamp on Buzzer 1 (Lamps->Switch (Buzzer))
    What kind of Buzzers do you have? The wired or wireless? If it's the second one, which version is it? v1 (with switches on the side of each Buzzer) or v2 (from Logitech, without the switches)?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey again Greg,
    I have the wired ones that work with Playstation 2.
    I managed to get them to turn on and off with the switch on/off command but I couldn't receive button presses like the red button, or one of the 4 coloured buttons

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!
    Very very old post...
    Buzzer object doesn't work for me, but I've done an example for usb playstation buzzers (wired) with "Joystick 2 object".

The buttons are working, but not the LEDs.

(The example is half english half spanish...)
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merci pour l exemple avec l objet Joystick 2 c'est location de ressortie les buzz qui on pris la poussier.
    Thank you for the example with the object Joystick 2 there is more than exit the buzz that took the dust.