User Tag List

Thread: Possible bug in animation loop & direction change?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible bug in animation loop & direction change?

I noticed if an active object plays an animation that has a loop point near the end, or at the end of the frame, and the direction keeps changing left & right by the player, the animation doesn't end. It seems to keep playing until the animation finally ends while facing one direction.

I am wondering if this is a possible bug, or is this intentional? Because when I was doing experimenting, when I made it so player press Fire 1 to attack with sword, you can't move the player forward again until the animation is finished (but still able to change direction). But if the animation loops at the end for only a # of times, it seems to never end from rapidly changing left & right.

The only thing I could do as a workaround is to add more frames at the end to simulate the same effect as having the animation loop in the middle. But instead of looping in the middle a # of times, just have the entire animation only play once.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Possible bug in animation loop & direction change?

I've noticed this too, and its an annoying glitch. I can think of no places this would be helpful or that fixing it would destroy backwards compatibility, so I'd be really grateful if it could be fixed.

I've got an animation for all my enemies in my game for when they get hit, but for one or two enemies that dynamically change their direction (different forms of same attack on different directions) back and forth between directions, their animations will never end, even if its on the final frame- and this is when the animation only loops a supposed 3 times.

I hadn't even thought about how easy it would be to try that workaround of adding frames (a 3 frame animation looped 3 frames is only 9 frames for me!), so I'll give it a go, but there are other places this bug is annoying

I've also noticed that the animation will only stop once you change directions- if you never change directions it will either loop infinitely even if it had a finite amount, or stay stuck on one frame. I'm guessing that has to do with which frame was playing when it changed direction, but I honestly have no clue

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Possible bug in animation loop & direction change?

The first time I ran into this issue, I changed my coding style to always loop my animations back to their final frame (which infinitely plays the last frame of the animation) and then have code that manually checks if that animation is playing and the anim frame is the last frame's number, at which time it changes the animation to the next appropriate one. I guess it sounds long winded, but I never run into the glitch ever anymore.