User Tag List

Thread: Icons - Old probelm, Still ongoing

CJohnson

Icons - Old probelm, Still ongoing

I purchased ICP a long time ago. I liked it because of its simplicity. The only turn off was the installer icon. Unless you jump through hoops or the icon of the program you are working with has what is required, you are stuck with the default Icon.

I have since switched to another installer that simply needs the exe of the file to use as an icon. While I suppose when I write my programs I COULD include all that required ICONs however, that is restrictive Especially when so many other installers (some of them free) just use the exe.

I noticed on the forums here, that this problem still remains. I just updated, and can verify - it is still an issue. Me personally, I do not use 16bit icons, I use 32bit. Especially with todays systems.

Are there any plans to eliminate those requirements? I would like to simply select the icon of my program and create the installer - not load up 1 or 2 other icon editors to convert some of my icons to 16bit. I don't want a refund as the program is nice. Just like a little more freedom over the icons.

Thanks again for the simple program. In the mean time I am still using your competitor, as I like the select exe (or ico if available) to create the custom installer.

cheers!

EDIT: has anyone have a work around for this? If not, a good utility that can convert my 32bit to 2 of the required 16bit? I've tried some of those 3rd party icon editors, and I cant get them to work right.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: Icons - Old probelm, Still ongoing

Well, it's quite easy to find an icon editor that supports including multiple images in a .ico file.

Anyway... in IC3 (not yet released) you can use any .ico file, so perhaps if it's a real problem we can port this new feature to IC2. I'll check if it's possible and easy to do.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: Icons - Old probelm, Still ongoing

OK, done! This feature has been ported to the current version of IC2.