Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VS Game Fight Engine

Hello
    Im need VS Fight Game engine like Mortal Kombat with Fatality
    Please Help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: VS Game Fight Engine

Do you have specific questions on making one? I don't think anybody is going to make the entire engine for you.

Banned Pirate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Main it walks about AI Enemy Attacks walk and Fatality Combination

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://puddinghatgames.com/2009/06/fighting-game-engine-example/

Banned Pirate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks But im need with Enemy Attacks

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will have to program that yourself. There are lots of tutorials on AI. Check around the forums.

Banned Pirate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I probably shouldn't be doing this, as it may kind of advertise for other software. But I'll try to use as little info as I can.

Anyway, I personally use MMF2/TGF2/Clickteam's products if I want to build an action platform game engine. If you are trying to make a fighting game, there is actually another 'game software' that lets you make fighting games for this kind of situation. From my personal experience, MMF2 is not the best way to make a fighting game. But it IS really good for everything else.

So, just to be on the safe side, just type in 'fighting game engine' in Google. The best one is going to be at least one of the top 3 links. You'll see what I mean.

I know you probably want to build a fighting game engine in MMF2, but to my knowledge, there other fighting game engines out there that are so much easier to work with for your purpose.

On a related note, I tried to make a fighting game with MMF2 a few times. It just ended up being either an animation only, or just thrown away in the trash.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll give a couple of tips that probably might help for creating a fighting game.

You'll definitely want to use hidden collision boxes that coincide with the animations to determine impacts. Create them at whatever point you want. For instance, at the end of the punch animation create a box of the appropriate size where the fist is. Also have collision boxes for the player's body, you'd probably want upper and lower. You'd also have to compare animations and frames of animations in addition to the collisions.

For fatalities, you'd just create a counter and have it countdown to zero. Track the series of directional/button inputs and when it is the appropriate sequence execute the fatality animation. If the timer reaches zero well obviously ignore whatever input the user is doing.

For AI, you'd have to keep track of what animation (move) the player is doing and the distance from the CPU player to determine what action the AI takes. You'd want to have some random options depending on the difficulty. If you make it so that it does the correct counter every single time, it would be almost impossible to beat the computer. Basically you'd want to create a percentage or random chance of doing the correct response or taking the hit. Higher the difficulty, the higher percent/chance the AI has of countering correctly.

This is an extremely simplified view of the concepts but they would help you have an idea of where to start. I guess most of it is common sense, so not sure if it was of any value. Though I guess for beginners it would be helpful. Making a fighting game is also going to be a lot more difficult than it sounds on paper. There's quite a bit going on with all of the collision boxes, have to move them with the player's animations, etc. It wouldn't be impossible, but difficult. A Double Dragon style beat em up would be easier by far I would think.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what your level of experience is, but I wouldn't recommend trying to do a fighting game as one of your first games. A lot of people, when they first start out making games, tell themselves "I'm going to make an epic MMORPG" or "I'm going to make an intense fighting game" and don't realize the sheer amount of effort and expertise that goes into making that sort of thing. Then they try to do it and get burned out, thinking that game making isn't as fun as they thought after all.

Have you made any games with the platform or eight-directions movement yet? Platform and adventure games are much easier to make in MMF than more complex things like fighting games.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast