User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: DarkSocket - raw networking sockets, like MooSock

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wii1mii View Post
    What did i do wrong ?
    Attachment 22733
    Also, make sure the extension supports the exporter you're using.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DarkSocket overhaul - now build 4

DarkSocket was updated to build 4. It's now out of pre-alpha "crashy" stage, and now in alpha!

Changes since build 3:
    • Now uses DarkEdif SDK v13 and its goodies: errors have the Fusion event line in them, Windows XP+ compatibility, extension version update checking, Fusion 2.0 and 2.5 compatibility, etc. Probably can be ported to Android/iOS later!
    • Int64 is now accessible by text expressions, replacing the "long" actions.
      "long" was actually pointless in DarkSocket build 3; it was basically just another int32, same as integer, as "long" in 32-bit apps is 32-bit wide, and int is 32-bit wide in both 64 and 32-bit apps.
    • Linking to file output was removed. Keeping that feature spiralled the extension into manipulating binary before it sent it to the file - which, while very useful, isn't in the scope of a socket extension, more of a binary file extension.
      Ideally, the Binary object will be ported to other platforms - if I get the source, and put it into DarkEdif, it's definitely possible!
    • Going independent and turning off logging was removed. That was just poor design choice.
    • Anything referencing memory addresses now uses text expressions. This is so 64-bit platforms can still communicate their addresses.
    • Text setting/getting now uses explicit text encoding parameter.
      It supports UTF-8, UTF-16, ANSI and other explicit codepages like ISO-8859-1.
      On non-Windows, though, there is no OS conversion feature readily accessible, so it's UTF-8 only. Still, most protocols use UTF-8 nowadays.
    • Adding to the formed packet built packet can now be done with both insertion and appending, depending on the index you pass.
    • Sending to the server socket's clients no longer uses a text parameter for client IDs.
      The idea was that the Fusion dev would pass a list of socket IDs "0, 5, 8" etc, but this was never implemented.
      As a future feature, I could set up an internal listing inside DarkSocket so you can group clients together. But I'll save that for if I see demand.
    • Removed the popup messages and test actions.
    • I had test actions in pre-alpha just to make sure the content was being set properly. I kept them public for later debugging.
    • Added a pending data cache.
      Received data is now appended to an internal cache, so the Fusion events can find the end of message, as messages can be broken over several packets. This means you don't have to read or copy out everything for each packet.

I also updated/fixed the DarkSocket example included with the extension. There's also a help file!

Folks who want it before public release can subscribe to the Darkwire Patreon. $15+ tier gets you extensions before public release!
    (or contact me with your story of woe and haggle for a lower price, if you must)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DarkSocket was updated to build 5, and publicly released!

Changes since build 4:
    • Now has smart object properties. If future versions change object properties, the Fusion developer won't need to re-create the object in the frame.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DarkSocket was updated to build 6.

Changes since build 5:
    • Fixed corrupt minified JSON file, which caused built EXEs to fail to load at startup with a JSON error popup.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4