User Tag List

Thread: Shrinking Pictures

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shrinking Pictures

I'm going to re-word my problem. Maybe the original explanation was too confusing...

I load a picture as a non-active picture, with about half of it being transparent. It works fine when I test the program. I then save and exit GF2.

When I reopen GF2 and load up the game, the photo shrinks to just 4x4 pix and turns all green.

How do I keep this picture from shrinking and turning green?

Original post:

I have 3 pictures on 3 layers... Layer 1's picture is an active picture because I want the player to click on it and trigger an effect. The other 2 pictures on layers 2 & 3 are just pictures.

All 3 pictures show fine when I test the game. But when I exit GF2, reenter GF2, and load my game again, there is one picture that doesn't show on screen. It appears in the list of objects. It just doesn't show.

Pictures 2 and 3 lay on top of picture 1. There is a little gap between pictures 2 and 3, just enough for picture 1 to show through and allow the player to click on picture 1 between pictures 2 & 3.

Pictures 2 & 3 where painted with the GF2 painter. Half of each picture is transparent. They allow picture 1 to show through them when I test it. But when I exit and reload, picture 2 works as it should, with half transparent. But picture 3 does not show. All I see is picture 2 on top of picture 1. I should be seeing both pictures 2 & 3 on top of picture 1. But picture 3 does not show.

Can anyone help?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Layers Problem

I guess if you keep plugging away at it, eventually we can answer our own questions.

I finally figured out that the reason one of the pictures wasn't loading again after closing the program was because it was painted in Windows Paint program. When I loaded all the pictures in the GF2 image editor and repainted the areas using GF2's colours, it solved the problem. The pictures no longer shrink and no longer turn green.

I'll leave this up in case someone else encounters similar problems.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to replicate your problem by making a picture in ms paint but i could not. Strange error you have there.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Could you upload the MFA that shows the green 4x4 picture and the original MS Paint image file please? (or send it to me by PM / e-mail) I'd like to check what happens. Thanks!

xsnoopx
    Test

LordVader192
    Wow, it's my first post on Clickteam portal, test .