Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Action Point Not Working

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Action Point Not Working

I'm trying to make my sprite shoot from the gun in an event in behavior. I've set the action point to the tip of the gun, but it keeps launching at the top left corner (0,0). It worked for my other games, but for some reason, it's not working here.

How do I fix this?

Thanks.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mikegames. Sounds like you set the shooting to the hotspot, or the action point has not actually been set to the gun. Just for giggles, also set the hotspot to the gun.

By default the hotspot is used. Go to options in the shoot popup and change it to action point.

Marv.
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you set the shooting to action point instead of the hotspot? Where is the shoot popup in the options?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Appears you can only adjust that under "Launch and Object in direction of" then click on the options to change it. Doesn't look like it lets you change it using the other launch options. Marv, are you sure when using launch an object it doesn't use the action point by default? I thought it used the action point, but I don't remember and I didn't test it. Seems counter productive if you can't change it unless you choose launch in direction of.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right. You can't change the other selection options.

Well...start over, or make a small experimenting application to test your coding and selection s for launching. Seems your coding is corrupt if you have used the same coding before and it worked.

Marv

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've made another application. The shooting uses the action spot of the "stopped" animation instead of the "launch" animation - which is quite strange. When I apply it to my game, it didn't work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is more complicated than necessary, but if you wanted you could use a custom bullet. Basically create bullet at a point related to your object, then set the options to the action point. There should be some custom bullet examples floating around.

But I think there's probably some other issue going on. Did you try copying the code into the event editor and try it not using a behavior? If all else fails you can post the file in the archive forum and someone can take a look at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've taken the code into the event. Got it sort of worked. Placed it back in behavior and it worked. I don't know why, but thank you for the help nivram and Shawn!

Clicker

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear. You working on a big project Mikegames?

Marv

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikegames View Post
    I've taken the code into the event. Got it sort of worked. Placed it back in behavior and it worked. I don't know why, but thank you for the help nivram and Shawn!
    Hey that's cool! Glad it worked. Was there an error in your code you had to fix, or was it just some strange issue where copying it again made it work?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast