User Tag List

Thread: MOO Game/Click Example

Clicker Fusion 2.5HTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MOO Game/Click Example

I am a high school science and game design teacher using TGF2.0 for my introductory students. Several have requested how to make a networked game of even the simplest caliber. I have coded even more complex network games using Blitz Basic but MOO Game/Click eludes me.
    After scouring these forums and the rest of the www (spending a dozen hours over the last week) looking for a "simple" example of a 2 player networked demo, I am flummoxed. Not a chat. No string parsing. No detectors. I don't even care if it's laggy. Just 2 active players, a HOST button, a JOIN button, each player moves around and is updated to the other players screen. If I can get just that working, I can figure out the rest....and would be happy to make the long awaited tutorial everyone here has been begging for.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2iOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.clickteam.com/website/tutorials/Making%20a%20Game%20with%20MooClick/Making%20a%20Game%20with%20MooClick.html

I presume you may already have seen this but just incase, the link above is to a simple MooClick game. Why not try Lacewing instead?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyboy View Post
    http://www.clickteam.com/website/tutorials/Making%20a%20Game%20with%20MooClick/Making%20a%20Game%20with%20MooClick.html

I presume you may already have seen this but just incase, the link above is to a simple MooClick game. Why not try Lacewing instead?
    Yes. Seen this. This is the example I was refering to when I didn't want "detectors"...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lacewing? This is for The Games Factory 2.0. Plugins mot supported Maybe I need to offer cash reward.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if your question is still valid but what you are asking is pretty simple. In one MooClick app, run the server on some port. Then in the client, connect to server on given port. Then sign on to session, called "channel".
    Use action Channel:user joined and create active object representing another player. Also when new player connect, an active object will be created. You can set its alterable value do user_ID so later you can assign messages to right players.
    Then all you need to do is send text on the channel on specific subchannel and recieve it, using conditions Playern Message and comparing subchannels. Without string parsing you would need to use some kind of coding like this:
    Lets say you want to send coordinates,eg X 122 and Y 55.
    Retrieve the lenghts of both and build a message like this:
    Lenght$(X coordinate)+Xcoordinate+Lenght$(Ycoordinate)+Ycoor dinate
    You will get
    On the message recieving, you can simply read separately each coordinate by working with their lenghts and total lenght of the string. Also you read the first character of the message and know that following 3 determines the X coordinates. You also know that value of first character+1 determines the lenght of the Y coordinates. Just work with Lenght, Left and Right functions