User Tag List

Thread: Iphone 3G?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iphone 3G?

Iphone 3G, not 3Gs...

I would like to know if its worth to buy one in order to test my games, thanks a lot!

Since 3G is much cheaper here in Brazil, the prices would be:

3G: 450$

3Gs:570$

4G: 750$

Pretty expensive - _-'

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your best priced option would be to buy an old iphone from ebay or buy an ipod touch, usually less then half the price for one of those new.

In terms of power just in case you are not sure:

iPhone/touch 1g
    iPhone 3G
    touch 2g/3g below 16GB
    3GS/touch 3g above 16GB
    iPad 1
    iPhone 4/touch 4g
    iPhone 4S / iPad2

might not be 100% but in short that is the power list.

I can also say from a performance side of things with my game on the iOS exporter, the leap between a 2g touch and a 4g touch is huge.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figure that most people is using something better than 3G now, so it would be useless to test in a 2G right? if the game got slow, I wouldnt be sure if it was the lack of memory problem.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Games made with MMF2 don't run that well on iPhone 3G or 2nd gen iPod Touch. For example, if you are making games that feature scrolling with a lot of active objects, and where framerate is important, they might not be playable at all on these older devices. Hence 3GS / 3rd gen or newer is highly recommended, in my opinion.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would say that at some point in the future Apple will phase out the 3g from the dev kit and you may have a device that you cannot test on, its very old tech and a lot slower than the other devices (this isn't just an MMF problem but the device is slow). So i would suggest 3GS as a minimal if you can afford it, or an iPod touch.. (as they should be a lot cheaper)

I believe that there are still a lot of 3G in circulation from a user point of view, but with every new device, that gets smaller and smaller.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it, thanks a lot for the help!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With my game I originally aimed to have it compatible with all devices, once it started to slow down below 30fps (which I was aiming for, not 60) and any trimming I did like colour reductions and neater event lists did not help so I had to stop supporting the older devices, however now that the game is 3 times more complex my 4g touch is still showing no sign of slowing down at 30fps though I am still watching out and making things as neat and tidy as possible. The older 2g touch was also unable to use some of the ink effects without crashing while the 4g is fine with it, and can use a lot of them without problems.

I need to buy a 3gs for testing at some point as I do worry if i'm slightly over the limit of that.