User Tag List

Thread: Make install file/package for complete "clean" WinXP PC...?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Make install file/package for complete "clean" WinXP PC...?

Dear Sirs,

I am trying to make an install-file (using Install Creator) which should make an installation of a program from Visual Studio 2008.

But no matter what I do, the app tell me (after installation) that .NET Framework 3.5 is missing.

I´m not the grand master on this topic, and I am afraid it might be so simple that nobody needed to ask for this before.

Would somebody please be so kind and make some kind of a step-by-step solution on how to do this?
    It doesn´t matter if I have to purchase the Install Creator or the Install Creator Pro or something, I really need this to work.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely/best regards
    Mads Aggerholm

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    2 solutions:

1. You display a message that tells your users they have to download and install .NET Framework 3.5 from here.

2. You can also install and run the installer of .NET Framework 3.5 from your installer. In this case you need Install Creator Pro, it has options to detect if .NET FW is installed. Add the installer of .NET FW 3.5 to your source directory, select it in the file list in Install Creator Pro and then select the "File Options" / "View/Run" tab, select "Run" / "Before the end page" as well as "Wait for end", "Delete after end" and "Run only if / .NET Framework 3.5 is not installed". The installer of .NET FW 3.5 will be executed from your installer only if it's not already installed. You can try the evaluation version of ICP to see if it's what you want.

Note: the 3 Mb installer given in the link above is a simple downloader, it requires an Internet connection and downloads the .NET Framework 3.5 files. The full package is also available at the bottom of this page, but apparently it's 200 Mb in size. It's probably too big for you but if your program is on a CD-ROM and you want to put this big installer on your CD, check the "Keep file external" and "Do not install" options in ICP so that the file is not installed and executed directly from the CD-ROM.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    It's probably too big for you but if your program is on a CD-ROM and you want to put this big installer on your CD, check the "Keep file external" and "Do not install" options in ICP so that the file is not installed and executed directly from the CD-ROM.
    Hi. Does it mean that featuring work only for CDs to run without installing? What is the difference between executable file from CD and executable file from PC?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the quick answer.

A little question:

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Note: the 3 Mb installer given in the link above is a simple downloader, it requires an Internet connection and downloads the .NET Framework 3.5 files. The full package is also available at the bottom of this page, but apparently it's 200 Mb in size.
    The buttom of this page?? I'm sorry, but I can't find it. Will you provide a link?

Sincerely/best regards
    Mads Aggerholm

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After downloading it will show page where you have to look for the following hyper link ".NET Framework 3.5 full package"

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by active2o View Post
    Hi. Does it mean that featuring work only for CDs to run without installing? What is the difference between executable file from CD and executable file from PC?
    No it doesn't work only for CDs, it works even if the installer is on a hard disk. The "external files" have to be in the same folder as the installer (or in a sub-folder according to their relative pathname in the source directory), so usually this option used for CD-ROM installations but that's not mandatory.