User Tag List

Thread: Working on a puzzle game, and need help.....

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Working on a puzzle game, and need help.....

I'm working on a small puzzle game. There are a number of blocks on the screen. The object is to tap, or click on the blocks until all of them on the screen disappear before they come back again. I was thinking probably the easiest way to handle this is to use trigger of all objects destroyed. But I am not destroying the objects. I am actually making them invisible until the trigger makes them visible again. When all the blocks have disappeared I want them to stop, and do the win screen.

So what is the best way of handling this? Just go with all objects destroyed, and to make them appear use create object and assign their position to their original locations? Or is there a way I can do this without having to use create object? Because all the blocks are actually the same object, they're just multiple instances of it.

I figure something to do with spreading values would help with this maybe?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    When you make a block invisible, subtract 1 from a variable. When the block becomes visible again, add 1 to the variable. This way you'll keep a count of how many are visible or hidden easily and no need to destroy anything

If you're finding it difficult to make this work, try putting the +/- bit in a behaviour for the block object... it will be much easier to handle in there.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    When you make a block invisible, subtract 1 from a variable. When the block becomes visible again, add 1 to the variable. This way you'll keep a count of how many are visible or hidden easily and no need to destroy anything

If you're finding it difficult to make this work, try putting the +/- bit in a behaviour for the block object... it will be much easier to handle in there.
    I already am doing variables. But the thing is how would I count to see when all of the blocks variables have changed?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You could maintain a global variable and set it to the number of blocks created (before any are made invisible or whatever). Then when you subtract from the variable, it will go down from the number of blocks (which you could count at any time). When it is =0 all are invisible, when it =no of blocks, none are invisible.

I'd recommend not storing the overall counter in objects' alterables as it will mean counting and adding them all up. A single global count is much more straightforward.