User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MMF3 and 3D - discuss and inform me!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MMF3 and 3D - discuss and inform me!

Hello forum! Clickteam really needs to put some more forum rooms to separate these kinds of posts from technical problem-posts, but anyways: What do people know about MMF3's features? Myself and everyone else probably wants 3D implemented into MMF3. To be honest, I don't think Clickteam would go that far, but I really think that it would help them keep the edge on the game- and software making market. I'm not really saying that MMF3 should be a full "make an awesome 3d-shooter with amazing graphics" kind of thing, but at least maybe give the opportunity to import 3d-models to use as 2d-sprites, instead of that pixel-art thing they have going in MMF2. Right now, you pretty much have to make a sprite out of an animated 3d-model, and import each picture into mmf2. Way too much work compared to just importing it. What do people know about MMF3 and 3D? Will it happen at least to some extent? Any other info you know about MMF3 would also be interesting. I am absolutely thrilled about the upcoming software!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Whilst MMF3 will open a whole bunch of new gateways for game/app developers I and other serious game developers won't be too much concerened with 3D implemented in MMF3, it will just take away value from the core product because it would mean the developers concentrating on a 3D engine rather than a robust cross-platform engine with an intuitive interface.

MMF already has the capability for developers to create their own 3D engines, albeit a bit limited but if you know C/C++ then you could create any 3D engine on par with your level of programming. There is already OpenGL objects ported to MMF2 it's now down the user to use those available objects to create their applications.

Here is one good example of the OpenGL 3D Extensions put to use:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5geed9LSh6Y

...Another:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcpwffnt6BA

I think people want to see software products do all the work for them, but if MMF3 took this route it would be limited to the MMF3 runtime then, at least with Extension portability such as OpenGL (We've yet to see a DX 3D Engine) then if you're serious about the project at hand you will achieve what you need to.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There allready is a forum for this: http://community.clickteam.com/forumdisplay.php?f=198
    It's called the Open Topic Community Forum, and there you can write about everything that is related to Clickteam, but does not belong in the Technical Support forum.

Anyway, there has been discussions about this forever. I am sure you'll find alot of threads about it in the old forum. Why Clickteam hasn't yet made MMF3D, I think pretty much boils down to the fact that the majority of their users really doesn't want it, and Clickteam is in need of a large userbase in order to survive as a company. MMF2 has has it's niche by beeing a very userfriendly 2D development-tool. Of course Clickteam could make a 3D tool just as userfriendly, but that would mean they would pretty much give up on their 2D tools. The userbase would pretty much be gone, because most of us don't know anything about 3D gamemaking. There are so much that would be different that it would be a completely different product, aimed for a different crowd.

There was talk about a potentional MMF3D for a long time, but now that Clickteam has started to focus on runtimes for MMF2, and MMF3 is allready confirmed to be a 2D development tool, I think it will go along time, if ever, before MMF3D will be a reality. But who knows, maybe MMF3 will offer some sort of 3D possibilities. Clickteam definately know what they are doing, and they know what their users want.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MMF2 has been able to do 3D for a long time already.

OpenGL - http://community.clickteam.com/forumdisplay.php?f=248

Sandy3D (Flash) - http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=62716

DotNet can have 3D also with Dll's - http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=45072

XLua and Python can also, the OpenGL base object also has very good support for XLua and DotNet so if you code you can do anything it allows with MMF2.

Then there is things like Mode7 and Raycaster and the old 3D object loader which don't exactly allow for a real 3D engine but all can give a 3D result.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SEELE is the main go-to guy around here for 3D stuff, just look at this example:
    www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=22670&Number=1638 45
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies! I guess that full 3D-support would be too much of a difference from the classic MMF2 style, and would lead to a loss in a lot of customers. What I would like to see though, is a way to import 3D models and make them 2D, like taking multiple pictures and making a sprite of them or something in that line. I guess there might be programs for that already though. I haven't really checked it out too much. Another thing I hope they add in MMF3, is an option to choose between pixel-drawing and more of a photoshop-style drawing with brushes and such. I like pixel-graphics, but more options with the drawing would be nice

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes there are programs to do that and most upmarket 3D Modelling software will allow you to export your animations from X,Y,Z Rotation also...

I think MMF3 will be full of new flavour for us devs to wet ourselves about, thats what most of us are hoping for anyhow, the question is what though... there's a good few mentions of features but as it stands MMF2 Dev is more than adequate enough for what I need to do thus far.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Learning 3d studio max so 3d would be a warm welcome !

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yikes,

Did ou know that you can import AVI files into the frames of and active object?

So, you don't have to insert individual pictures.
    You record the animation and save it as an AVI.
    From there you create an active objective and import it by using the folder at the top.
    Sometimes you have to touch up the frames, but that is more about how you render the file; whether or not you have background reflections, etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know that! Thanks for the advice I luckily know my way with 3D studio max, so I'll have to give that method a shot at some point

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast