User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Angry Birds?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Birds?

I have a question about how angry birds was created. What I mean is when the bird hits the boxes or barriers how does that effect work? It seems when you hit them they fall,..well tumble is more like it. Very smooth and it looks like real boxes or whatever is falling to the ground,..not just straight down and they also can take a hit and not all fall until they are hit harder. Would this be some sort of physics code needed to do this? Does anyone have any idea of how it's done or have an example of this? Seems very complicated.
    Thank you.....

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a physics simulation, yes - try one of the Phizix extensions.

http://phizix.tk/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Jamie,
    My lord,..that is just amazing! I have to spend some time with this as the code is very complicated. I don't even know where to start!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey. In your case I would start with box2d. I also used phizix - its a great and VERY SIMPLE!! engine, so easy to understand and it works very, very fine!! - but i would def. use box2d. It´s a bit more complicated in the beginning i guess, but you can use it with the swf exporter and hopefully with the android / ios exporter in the future. Phizix will not be ported I´m afraid.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iamjot,. thank you. Yes, it seems to be not that bad once I took a look at the events and how they are written. Still, it is complex IMO.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjot View Post
    I also used phizix - its a great and VERY SIMPLE!! engine, so easy to understand and it works very, very fine!!
    I have never been able to wrap my head around the coding of the Physix Object. I would love if this could be simplified or a detailed tutorial was posted outlining its use. I would also love to have it ported to the iOS as a lot of iOS games seems to use physics in their gameplay.
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which one? There are two: Chipmunk, which is easier to understand due to its extreme simplicity, and Box2D, which has a lot more cool stuff in it.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not even aware of Box2D though I have seen a few people mention it on the forum today. I only know the Chupmunk Physix Object which comes with MMF.
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool kids write their own physics engines though :P

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive been looking at the code all day,.and still having issue understanding it. Paul, like you said, it's way over my head too. I guess I would need to go back to school just to learn Physics! Did any of you check out the examples he/they wrote for this extension and look in the event editor? It's like a foreign language...,.but the way the objects interact with each other is amazing!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast