User Tag List

Thread: Questions about MMF2 Developer and SWF exporter

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions about MMF2 Developer and SWF exporter

Hi
    I just downloaded and installed MMF2 Developer ( along with SWF exporter ) and i have some questions
    When i first open Developer i was presented with a help screen saying:
    "This version of Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer includes the features of the HWA version..."
    - Does this mean Developer version can do everything the HWA verson can do?

I read this in a post ( here on clickteam ):
    "...Developer-only 3rd party extensions..."
    - Does this mean there is no official site listing or containing all Developer extencions?

There are some developer extencions listed here:
    http://www.clickteam.com/website/usa/product-comparisons.html
    Data Grid, Dialogue Box, Double Precision Calculator, Explorer, List View, OS, Trial Period
    - Where can i learn more about what theese extencions are for and what they do?

- In the feature list under 'optional flash runtime features' it says "Use Application as Preloader", what does this mean?

- In the feature list under 'optional flash runtime features' it says "3rd Party Flash Objects", what are the 3rd Party Flash Objects?
    - How do i use the SWF exporter?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Yes, the Hardware Accelerated version of MMF2/TGF2 was merged into the non-HWA version.

2. No, there is no official site that lists them all (there have been several in the past that have fallen out of date), but Jaffob's Extension View program has a comprehensive list of extensions which you can auto-install. Additionally, Fanotherpg has a modified settings file for MMF2 that sorts the almost 500 extensions into convenient categories for you in the Create New Object screen. (Check later posts for newer versions)

3. The extensions listed there have official help files in the MMF2 Developer Help.

4. It means that in MMF2 Developer, you can make a (small) application to act as a custom preloader for your flash game/software.

5. The 3rd Party Flash objects are just objects for flash that other users have made rather than Clickteam making them, just as with all '3rd Party' things.

6. In the application properties you can change the build mode to "SWF File for Adobe Flash Player" and build your application like you normally would. It will save an HTML file in the same place as and with the same name as the SWF file you save.

Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot LB!
    Cool, I guess i can now begin to experiment with shaders
    Im used to use a programm called FusionUppdater, but Jaffobs Extencion View looks like it contains far more Extencions
    - I notice a strange piece of information though. It says "480 extencions ( 408 showing )", what happened to the rest?
    - ExtencionView says Mode7EX and TextToSpeach are "Obcolete or unstable"...?
    - The application crashed on my inititiall download attemtpt ( all 408 ).
    - All other download attempts after this ( 'new' extencions, 330 downloads ) starts but crashes after a while. When trying to download again after this it still says 330 'new' extencions

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - I notice a strange piece of information though. It says "480 extencions ( 408 showing )", what happened to the rest?
    That's because you selected a filter, for example a particular runtime or a category.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. K1kk0z90 answered

2. Yes, Text to Speech has a replacement and is thus Obsolete, and Mode7EX is replaced by the various other 3D objects.

3 & 4. I don't know why it would crash, you will need to contact Jaffob in that thread with that error report. :\
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi King_Cool,

LB directed me to your thread via Gwerdy Chat. Getting extensions requires two steps:

- First you must download the extensions from online. This can be done by finding where the author has uploaded them, or ExtensionView can download them for you.
    - Once downloaded, the extensions need to be installed. This enables you to use them in MMF2. You can do this manually, but ExtensionView does this as well.

During which step does ExtensionView crash? It is during downloading (you should see a bigger window with 2 progress bars), or installing (a smaller window)? When during the process does the crash occur?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi jaffob, thank you for comming back to me
    I decided to take LBs advice ( after some quick research and study ) and use your Extencion Viewer and Fanoftherpgs modified setting file.
    - First thing i found add was when first running Extencion Viewer i was viewing 'all' extencions and it said "480 extencions ( 408 viewing )". I have not installed anything other than MMF2 Dev prior to this. Im not sure why it does not show all 480 extencions, but i guess it could be that many extencions or object allready come with MMF2 Dev.

- I did experience a crash when installing all 'new' extencions. The problem seemd to be with the File Folder Object ( illustration below ).

- I selected all 'new' and unchecked File Folder extencion and it worked, but... There seem to be 13 extencions which never dissapear from the new extencion list, although the programm says installation went sucessfull, extencions appear as 'new' no matter how many times i install them.
    Fast add string
    Flash developer screen
    Flash images pluss
    Flash input
    GamerSafe API
    Kongregate API
    Lacewing client
    Lacewing server
    Lacewing webserver
    Local flash connection
    Shared object
    TweenMax