User Tag List

Thread: Does anyone have Browser2.mfx by 3EE for MMF 2?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have Browser2.mfx by 3EE for MMF 2?

I am studying example engine source code files and a few of them are excellent per discussions in the forum. One I have is a .gam called PASCAE by Nick Smith. In opening the .gam in MMF 2 it has a message requesting the missing extension. I checked the MMF 2 ext folder and did not find it there.

I could find Browser2.cox on an old Clickteam extension site : http://www.clickteam.info/extensions/extlist.php?cat= but not the browser2.mfx. Does anyone have it or a location?

Thanks,

Rolando
    MMF2/SWF

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To open the example you need to rename the .cox to .mfx and install it like any other extension - then you will be able to open it, but not build.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply. I did do that, since it does not come with an installer I had to do what was on the CT database:

http://www.clickteam.info/faq/?View=entry&EntryID=14

How to add extensions to Multimedia Fusion 2?

First make sure you have the latest update for MMF installed.
    Extensions can be locked out of old builds and you want to be running the latest stable version anyhow.

Then if the extension comes in an installer just run it.

If it doesn't come in an installer

You need to copy the "MFX" file to the correct location under

Multimedia Fusion 2/Extensions
    and
    Multimedia Fusion 2/Data/Runtime

Did that.****Says unable to load Browser2.mfx. Any suggestion of what I am doing wrong?

Rolando

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try placing the extension in the MMF folder. This folder is for opening MMF2 when there is an earlier extension involved.

Also, try renaming one of your MMF2 extensions to the .cox. Then open the gam file. Make a backup of your mfx first!

Marv
    ​455 MMF2 & CTF 2.5 Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of contradicting advice here -

The correct thing to do is to make a folder called "mmf1" inside your Extensions folder, and put Browser2.cox in there (make sure you don't have a Browser2.mfx). You will then be able to open the GAM, but not build it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THANKS ALL!

Alas, there may not be anything left at all. I may have to find an old version of TGF since a forum member took the .gam, removed the browser2.cox reference in the source engine, then resent it to me. When I tried to open the .gam again a request for the ext "iniplus.mfx" comes up.

I found that extention on the old Clickteam extension site. Tried the same procedures as stated here. No go. "iniplus.cox" is incompatible per the 3EE developers with MMF. It was made for CNC/TGF. This ext is used for important items in the .gam, so it can't be removed.

Looks like a forum member had this issue last year with the SAME ext:

http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/u...&Number=187475

The exts are available, on the Clickteam Ext page, tried it like he did, no go. Pacae uses about 6 custom 3rd party exts per the viewme file so TGF will probably be needed. Thanks!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rolando, both I and that other user may be able to recreate the example in MMF2 - have you considered that instead?
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would that be a lot of work? I may need the example file for total study (I have several others) but I am not wanting to put anyone out. There are other source code files out there that I have. This was just a complete adventure engine from menu to ending with things I wanted to see. But replaceable if needed.

How much trouble would it be? It is 13.5 megs, the .gam I mean. Would it not be easier to get an older TGF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I see TGF 1.06 is available as a retired product and it is needed to open this file, sadly, Cellosoft 3rd party extensions that are needed are no longer available on the Clickteam Ext site. But there are plenty of other examples.

Thank you all.