User Tag List

Thread: A5 Graphical Glitches

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[BUG] A5 Graphical Glitches

Some of you reported this problem with my CyberPigeon game on iPad 2 and iPhone 4S. I finally purchased a 4S to troubleshoot this. In CyberPigeon, I ended up just deleting the objects that were causing the issue to resolve the problem.

Now the same thing is happening in a new project. This only happens on A5 devices (iPhone 4S and iPad 2) where you'll see a little block, usually varies in size and shape.

I can see if I can get an example video of it in a bit to show you guys. Also, I haven't actually tested it on iPad 2, or seen the issue happening myself on it, I'm just going off of reports. Since the 4S and iPad 2 have the same innards, I just kind of assume its happening on it too.

---

As of writing this post, I think I found the source of the problem by comparing similarities to the objects in both my games. It happens when the frame of the animation gets really small. I removed the smaller frames (usually a few pixels by a few pixels) and it seemed to eliminate the issue. Of course, for some cool effects, I like to make the objects get smaller, using animations instead of scale events, so hopefully this bug can be resolved in a future update.

Thank you,
    Brian

Edit:
    Here's that video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfKmAwG8V3U

Just a demo of what's happening if you haven't seen it before. Sorry for the quality, I actually have my 4S running CyberPigeon Lite, connected to my 23" monitor while recording the screen with my iPhone 4. The green and red bullets actually have smaller objects coming out of them then immediately shrinking and destroying themselves. When the shrinking objects become a certain size, that's when these blocks appear.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is very odd.
    It looks like there is a difference in the new graphics chip Apple made.
    We will look into it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can confirm I am getting this same bug on the 4S using alpha channels with my latest game which should come out later this week.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, Andos, I PM'd you the information along with another issue with the latest version of Xcode. Let me know if you got it, as it is not appearing in my 'Sent' folder.

Thanks!

Edit -- I didn't realize there was a setting to enable the sent box, so sorry if I repeated any extra details in the PM. Just pay attention to the last one :P