Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pmo (Vanishing Bricks)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pmo (Vanishing Bricks)

I've been messing around with a game, but I can't seem to get controls set up right. It would be easier if I knew how to set up custom controls completely, but after moving left and right I get stuck (without pmo. completely custom). Jumping, and all that I haven't quite got figured out...so I started using the pmo...and figured out that you have to have a back drop for the player to stand on...I have these actives as plat forms..when the player jumps on them they break, and disintegrate. ( was just using built in movement..but on rising and falling platforms player would get stuck in the air..) any way I got the bright idea of putting backdrop obstacles under the vanishing bricks, but remembered you can't set backdrops to invisible...

Any ideas of how I could use the pmo in conjunction with my active object plat forms? When I started using the pmp realized I would have to convert some of my active bricks (solid ones) to backdrops so the player wouldn't go through them a bit, lol..

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PMO should work fine whether you are colliding with backdrops, actives, or air. This sounds like you're not using it correctly, have you checked the example?
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made an example file for you to look at, it's really easy ^_^

http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=68461&p=507304#post507304

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dave, I'll check it out now ..hmm..I was using it on a character that's an active. When you you set it to your character..set up controls, and then 'test for obstacle overlap' + player overlaps back drop - > pmo player does overlap obstacle. it only reads back drops...goes right through actives...but I'm probably missing something. I'll let ya know how the example goes

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey example was great..should have thought of that, lol...Now I just need to figure out how to make the bricks break as soon as they're stepped on rather than sometimes. I guess I'll use a collision detector of some sort..

I can't seem to get the invisible walls to work right. My sprite climbs them a bit instead of stopping on them...people mentioned using a collision box, which I can set up, but my sprite is just a cube with a face, lol.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you want them to destroy as soon as the player lands on them, just look in the event where the collision detector is overlapping the platform and change the delay from 50 to say- 3.
    if you want them to destroy instantly, instead of waiting for the shake animation to finish, just destroy them instantly.. not sure what you mean about invisible walls..

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm for a collision detector (I dunno if I'm calling it something that already is) I set up an active and placed it just above the service of the brick..when the player collides with it I set it to change brick animation to crumble...

invisible wall is just another active running the length of the screen, solid black, and set to invisible..so the player couldn't walk off the screen, lol.

The actives I have over the bricks are working quite well..but there's a bit of a flicker in my animation..

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another problem I'm having is I have a moving plat form that goes up and down..if I use the pmo it seems to go up through the player lol.

not sure why I have it set like the other blocks, and he stands on them fine..

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tried the moving plat for with a collision box in place of my sprite, and it doesn't make a difference..any ideas on how to keep the moving platform from going up through my sprite, or collision box?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you post up the file you're working on I can probably fix it if you like. You should have the collision detector follow the player rather than place it over the brick.. did you look at the example?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast