User Tag List

Thread: Sub app? not sure...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sub app? not sure...

Hi,.I was wondering how I can make a level or sub app that the player can go to, to select a level? That part is pretty simple,.BUT I want to have all but the first level locked and as the player progresses in the game the levels will unlock and also the levels that were already beat will be clickable in the select level frame and also when the game ends it somehow remembers what levels have been beaten and saves this information. I have no clue how this is done. Any examples of this that someone can share? I hope I explained this right!
    Thank you,

John

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!
    The simpliest solution could be using an INI file. Have a file like this:
    [levels]
    level1=1
    level2=0
    level3=0
    When the player beats a level, you write 1 to the item that corresponds to that level. Then in the level select screen you let be selectable only the beaten levels (reading the INI file).

EDIT: I've attached you an example.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is perfect and what I was looking for. Thank you very very much!! One question,..how can this be reset if needed? Locking the levels again?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure I've understood your question. If you mean if you can do the operation of creating the INI file if it doesn't exist in the Level Select screen, you can. You should create it before any condition/action/expression uses it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry,.what I meant was,.can it be reset? Like say a new player wants to play it from the beginning. I noticed when I played your example,.I beat all the levels, ended the application and when I brought it back up again all 3 levels were available. Like a new game button added. I hope I explained this correctly this time. Sorry about that.....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it,.."delete group" Thanks again,.this was major help.