The build 254 is available :
This build has been tested in private forums, so in theory it's not a beta version. However you should make backup copies of your applications before loading them, just in case there is a last minute problem or some bugs the testers didn't see.
This patch program updates the following components (if they are installed) :
- MMF2/MMF2 Dev
- the SWF exporter
- the iOS exporter
- the Unicode version
The main new features :
- support of 256x256 and 128x128 icons
- new option to force global objects to be synchronized between frames in the frame editor
- you can now build applications even if they contain actions or objects that are not compatible with the current build type
- new Flash Player Version option that allows you to set the minimum required version of Flash Player for your applications
- more effects supported by the SWF exporter
Let us know if any problem.
EDIT: if any unexpected issue in this build, you can reinstall the build 253, it will overwrite the program as well as the SWF and iOS exporters.
Fixes and new features in this version
Fixes and new features in the main program
- Applications now also support 256x256 and 128x128 icons (256 for Windows Vista/7, 128 for Java Mac).
- Build : important change, you can now build applications that contain incompatible objects as well as incompatible actions/conditions/expressions. The incompatible objects and actions won't have any effect, the incompatible conditions are removed, and the incompatible expressions return either 0 or "". The error messages (incompatible objects and incompatible events) are now simple warning messages, you can bypass them. A new "Display build warning messages" option in the properties of the application allows you to hide these message boxes.
- Global objects : new "Editor synchronization" property in the object properties. This option allows you to specify how global objects are synchronized across all frames in the editor. If this option is set to "No", the global object is not synchronized with others. If this option is set to "Identical Objects", the objects identical to the current object are synchronized with it (this is the old behavior, which doesn't work sometimes for some objects, especially when they have behaviors). If this option is set to "Same name and type", the global objects with the same name and type as the current object will be synchronized with it. When you create a new object, this option is set to "Same name and type" by default. In old applications, this option is set to "Identical objects" for the existing global objects.
- Event editor : crash in Unicode version when you load applications that contain HWA actions or conditions.
- Date & Time object : the parameter of the Set count down action was not displayed in the event editor.
- String object : crash at runtime if the size of the paragraphs was greater than 64 Kb.
- Window Control object : the Minimize action now pauses the application if the "Run when minimized" option is not selected.
- Unicode version : display problem in parameters of the "execute program" action in the event editor
Fixes and new features in all the runtimes
- All runtimes : Set animation speed had no effect for objects with a static movement.
- All runtimes : all the actions and expressions that concern the effects (for objects, layers and frames) are now compatible with all the runtimes, so that you don't get build errors. That doesn't mean they have an effect on all the runtimes, they are simply ignored in the runtimes that don't support them.
- Non-PC runtimes : sometimes the object could keep its previous animation direction.
Fixes and new features in the PC runtime
- PC runtime in Direct3D mode: crash sometimes in Direct3D mode when objects have qualifiers and frames have a fade in transition.
Fixes and new features in the iOS runtime
- iOS : RGB coefficients not working (problem with pixel shaders).
- iOS : consistent crash when changing a movement withing a collision of the object.
- iOS / Camera object : the Is camera available condition returned random results.
- iOS / Gamecenter Leaderboard object : default leaderboard action did not take the category and timescope into account.
- iOS / iOS Store object : crash when using a Restore Transaction action in the PC runtime.
- iOS / KcInput object : crash when destroying the object.
- iOS : when building for armv7, error message in Xcode saying that GCC compiler could not be used for this kind of build.
Fixes and new features in the SWF runtime
- Flash: the "Resize display to fit window size" option was always disabled in SWF mode.
- Flash : a new "Flash Player Version" property allows you to set the minimum required version of Flash Player for each application. No need to modify the Flex config file anymore.
- Flash : Added backdrop object were not displayed properly in a wrapping scrolling layer.
- Flash : bug in previous beta, added backdrop objects were 100% transparent.
- Flash : bug in previous beta. crash with hidden counters.
- Flash : Add, Subtract, Invert, Semi transparency effects are now supported as well as alpha blending and RGB coefficients.
- Flash : Frame and Layer effects are now supported (shaders are not supported though). Note: in the SWF runtime, each layer actually contains 3 layers, one for the backdrop objects, one for the objects displayed as backdrops and one for the active objects. Unlike the PC version the effects are applied to each of these sub-layers.
- Flash : crash with Get pixel shader version and Get graphicc mode. They now return 0.
- Flash / List, Combo Box object : save and load actions now work.
- Flash / Array object : save action now works.
- Flash / INI object : now loads INI files stored as binary files in the application.
- Flash : Resize display to fit window size is now supported
- Flash / String object : now responds to Set transparency action
- Flash / List and Combo Box object : "Set current line" doesn't induce a "selection changed" event anymore, like the PC runtime.
- Flash : pausing an application with the same key as the one chosen for resume had no effect.
- Flash / Combo Box object : "Is list dropped" condition always returned false.
- Flash / Sub application object : new bug since build 253, fake key presses could be reported at start of frame.
- Flash / INI object : spaces before or after a key name made this key unrecognized.
- Flash : Delete created backdrop at coordinate did not delete a backdrop laying at the exact coordinates.
- Flash / Date & Time object : the initial value of a count down was ignored.