User Tag List

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Number downloads for you app ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kinase View Post
    I'm coming up to my first release, assuming my app gets accepted....
    If a user downloads a game that is free, but you later give it a price, do those first users still get to keep their copy of the game? I want to avoid frustrating people.
    Yes =)

Also, how about sending some promo codes to sites that reviews iOS games, make a youtube trailer/demo, facebook/twitter etc, and adding a "rate it" button in the game menu (will probably make more ratings in app store)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'd just like to throw in my 2cents that even with a nice polished little game that is free, people are not guaranteed to leave ANY reviews/ratings - even bad ones

personally i would not start out at free

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got my first payment from apple! although i am far from even covering my costs, it feels really satisfying having apple pay ME, and not the other way around
    Will get some more apps out and hopefully turn a profit at some point.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my experience posting in forums helped a lot, as did promo codes. When I did my first update it spike sales up again so updating is always a plus. I also found that including a "Rate it" button in the game definitely helped in regards to getting more ratings.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys,

I would have never figured that free apps could collect more bad reviews, but I guess this makes sense implicitly. There are certain people who just will never buy. Maybe these are the same personalities who would rip an app to shreds. Younger crowds perhaps, with a slight sense of entitlement. Kids these days.

I can't believe I just typed that. Im only 26, and that last sentence reads "Get off my lawn" :P

What is your guy's experiences with prices? I wonder if there is a dramatic difference between $1 and $2 for an app. There is a fascinating Planet Money episode on the app store economy. They interviewed the creator of instapaper who evidently quadrupled his sales by halving his price from $10 to $5. If I get my app up, I'll have to sample at multiple price points and find the ideal supply/demand curve.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/...he-app-economy

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the day AWESOME Land went free, the pissed off reviews flooded in.

Seriously guys, from somebody who has made thousands on an MMF2-built app, you're far, far better to release at a higher price and then drop it in a few days. The price drop gets picked up by countless bots with their own twitter accounts etc. and it's like free advertising.

Only ever do a free day if sales dwindle. Going free and getting tens of thousands will get you in the free charts, but once you put the price tag back on it'll go back to the paid charts with no ranking, the only thing to gain from giving it away for free is some word of mouth (ya know, the more people who have the app on their phone the more people's friends will see it and potentially want their own copy).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, it would be really good for some kind of "guide" to be put together for all the steps from start to finish of the process in iOS, including getting your game ready, how to submit to apple, techniques after your game is on sale etc, and take peoples successes and add to it for the greater good, if it was done within the developer forums it would be kept fairly hidden from the rest of the world and a great asset to developers.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with the idea of having some kind of article on the web about how to go about making an iPhone game, from buying the runtime, to of course, finding someone who can build your app if you're not much of an Apple lover. I'd look into that...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has been discussed running compilation services for those who do not own Macs, but the difficulty I see is in testing the apps on a device. To get started, I went out and got a mac mini for 300 on craigslist, and an ipod touch 3rg generation for 130 on ebay.

Hey DistantJ, I think you have tried selling at both $1 and $2. Have you noticed any big differences between those two prices?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When at 99c it sells more but not enough to make more money. At $3 it drops right down. At $2 it seems to be the right balance as I sell less but make more money.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast